Writingmas - Day 10!

Mycroft oneshot -  decorations

"Is this really necessary?" Mycroft sighed as he unpackaged a tatty cardboard box, the contents of which was an arrangement of assorted glass baubles and ornaments. He bent down and removed some of the newspaper to reveal the extent of the collection. "Jees, (y/n) there must be hundreds in here!"

You just shook your head at him and began to remove baubles from the box with care
"Come on myc... It's a family tradition to decorate the tree together. Please help me"
You pouted at him and turned on your soppy puppy dog eyes until he reluctantly agreed. For the next few hours, you worked non-stop, hanging baubles on the tree, stringing up lights, strewing tinsel about the place and even dusting a little fake snow across the fireplace mantle. When it was finally finished, you stepped back to admire your handiwork.
"Wow... It's.. It's... Beautiful" you whispered as you gazed in awe at your festive living room decor.
"Almost as beautiful as you precious." Mycroft said as he smiled and turned to look at you. As he did so, you instantly clapped your hand over your mouth with a gasp. Slowly, your mouth bent upwards at the corners and you began to let out a profuse giggle which would not stop.

"(Y/n) what the hell is the matter?"

"You... You..." You spat through tears of laughter.

"I what??" Mycroft asked, becoming irritated

"You have glitter all over your hair! You look like a refined disco ball!!"

By this point, you were on the floor clutching your sides, in absolute hysterics after catching the sight of Mycroft's pink glistening hair. After the tears had stopped rolling and you had regained a decent amount of composure, you stood back up. And... To say Mycroft looked displeased would have been the mother of all under statements. He was absolutely fuming.
"I fail to grasp how this could be funny! Some glitter must have merely fallen onto me as I put up the baubles on the tree! STOP LAUGHING AT ME!"
With that, you froze. Solid. Mycroft had never properly shouted at you before, you didn't know how to react. Almost in an instant, Mycroft realised what he had some and the colour drained from his cheeks...
"Oh, my gosh, (y/n) I'm so sorry! I...I didn't mean..."
"Shhhh... It's ok babe. You don't often get laughed at, I took it a little too far I'm sorry"
Mycroft bowed his head and spread his arms apart, welcomingly, and pulled you into a glittery embrace. Soon, he began to giggle too and the mood became exponentially lightened. You stood, together, arms round each other, staring at the decorations. The twinkling of the tree seemed to fill you with an unexplained warmth and you just knew that everything was going to be okay. Mycroft squeezed your side and looked down at you, leaning into a soft kiss in front of the heat from the fire.
"I love you (y/n)"
"I love you too Mycroft"
----------------------------------------------

Also, Happy birthday to SaraPGzz , this one was for you 😊 x