Writingmas - Day 3!

Mycroft oneshot - Christmas baking

You couldn't help but stifle a laugh as Mycroft ambled -rather uncomfortably- into the kitchen of your flat enrobed in one of your baking aprons.
"What on earth are you doing myc?" You mumbled cheekily through the fingers clasping over your mouth, the only things stopping you from falling into complete hysterics.
Having lost all dignity, standing there in a too-small pink apron, he stated
"You said that you were going to do some baking... I figured that statement may have subtly implied that you needed some help?..."
You were still in awe at the sight of your boyfriend, practically 'the British government' stood there in women's clothing.
"Oh, yes... Yes! You can help if you'd like babe." You picked up your phone and scrolled down through Pinterest eagerly before thrusting the object into his face.
"Cupcakes" he stated, analysing the page.
"Not just cupcakes! SNOWMAN cupcakes!"
Mycroft raised his eyebrows, rather unenthusiastically, before speaking again
"Well, we better get on with it."
It was no secret that Mycroft was a somewhat inexperienced baker. In a mere twenty minutes, he had managed to absolutely trash the kitchen. There was flour, sugar, butter and egg everywhere (including on your faces). You did, however, begin to enjoy yourself as you stirred the batter. Mycroft placed his strong hands on your hips and smiled as you rhythmically stirred the creamy substance around. It smelled amazing.
"(Y/n), stop eating the marshmallows!" Mycroft laughed as you popped one in your mouth in attempted secrecy.
"But they taste so goood!..." You faux whined as you turned around and pouted at him.
"Come on, let's get these in the oven... Before you eat the rest of the decorations"
"Heyyy!"

--- 30 minutes later ---

Now came decorating. It seemed simple enough. Ice them white, place a marshmallow on them, ice on a snowman face and then make a little hat and scarf out of royal icing to place on top. Simple! ........not simple.......

"Precious! You are getting icing everywhere! It's on my suit!"

"Why the hell are you BAKING IN A SUIT??"

"I don't own any other clothes!"

"Now look! You distracted me and the snowman face is melting off!!"

"That isn't my fault!"

"Mycroft stop nocking meee!"

"(Y/n) stop shouting!"

"IM NOT SHOUTING!!"

Through all of this calamity, you had, subconsciously, been inching further and further toward each other and you were now a mere few inches from each others faces.

"(Y/n) I don't think this was a good ide-"

He was cut off by a passionate collision of your lips on his. You felt him slowly ease out of tension and he wrapped his arms back around your waist. A few more seconds passed and you parted form each other, smiling, satisfied.
"Wow" Mycroft spluttered, breathing unevenly "the cupcakes are awful" he grinned.
"Oh I don't care about the cupcakes you stupid man." You, once again, grabbed him by the shirt collar and brought his lips into contact with yours.

"I love you precious"
"I love you too myc"
"Care for a Cupcake?..."
"I think I'll pass..." 😅