Writingmas - Day 15!

Sherlock oneshot- bad day at work

When you came through the door -as you usually did at 6:00 most evenings- Sherlock was greeted by a much more melancholy expression than what he was used to. He could see sadness and heavy set fatigue in the back of your eyes and so, sensibly, instead of deducing you, he opted for the more human option of just talking to you.
"Your sad... Your not normally sad, I don't like it, what's wrong?" Sherlock asked with the most emotional tone of voice he could muster. Waiting a few seconds to wander over to the sofa and take a seat slowly, you looked at Sherlock and sighed.
"I had a bad day that's all..." You then proceeded to pull the blanket, which was laid prettily over the back of the chair, over your body and curl up into a depressed ball of fluff and tears. Sherlock fidgeted awkwardly for a few seconds before making a second gallant  attempt at conversation.
"(Y/n)... You are going to have to work with me here. I'm trying to be open... Please, talk." He said this much more softly than his first utterance was. You looked up to catch a glimpse of his gleaming eyes and noticed his brow had raised slightly with sympathetic concern. After swallowing and coughing slightly to disperse the tears, you sat up in your seat and shrouded the blanket over your shoulders as if it were a comforting shield which was going to protect you from the harshness you had endured earlier in the day.

"Ok... Sherlock. I just had a bad day." You repeated "it started off badly and just got worse from there. Firstly, I forgot my security badge so they wouldn't let me in, I had to run a mile back here -in heels might I add- to get it before running back. Then, I spilt my lunch everywhere in Lestrade's office. I had to spend half an hour trying to soak tomato soup out of the carpet! And if that wasn't enough, Sargent Donovan was in a particularly catty mood and so decided to mock me behind my back with Anderson. I don't think she knew that I heard her but it was horrible... She said that I was fat and stupid and I don't deserve you because you're intelligent"

As you spoke -and became more and more teary eyed- Sherlock pressed his hands in the prayer position to his intently pursed lips and closed his eyes in deep thought. When you were done, he slowly re opened his eyes and inhaled deeply as he reached forward and gave you a long tight hug. He encased you in his strong, yet thin limbs and allowed you to press your face into his neck as he embraced you. Some time later, he released his living grip and smiled warmly, spreading the hazy glow to your face also and soon you smiled along with him. He raised his brow again before speaking
"(Y/n), you have to promise me that no matter how bad your day gets, or how people insult you, just remember that I love you... I hope you know how much that means coming from me..."
You were beaming by this point, bathed in an angelic glow which irradiated invisibly from Sherlock's warmth.
"Plus, you aren't stupid or fat. Donovan is just jealous. So is Anderson. He has put on a stone in the last few months and has been taking out his problem out on other people, you just happened to be in the firing line..."
You giggled slightly and hugged him again.
"Thank you Sherlock. I love you so much"