Friendship {F}

( I'm gonna put y/p for your pronouns because I don't know who reads this and I want to make it as adaptable as I can.)
"Hey y/n.." my friend says to me.

"Hey Frank..." I look over to him to see him staring at the lunch table, making me concerned. "What's wrong Frank?"

"Nothing.." He says, faking a smile.

"Okay, I can tell something's wrong." I say, making him sigh.

"It's nothing." He says, rubbing his wrist.

"It's gotta be something," I say, making him look over to me. "Come on, we're gonna leave."

I stand up, looking back to Frank, only to see him still sitting down.

"The bells about to ring." He mumbles, making me frown.

"Yeah, you're coming over. Something is bothering you, and I'm gonna find out what." I practically order, and as soon as I stop the bell rings.

"Fine." He concedes, almost sound even more depressed than usual.

He stands up, and walks straight toward the door, me following right behind. I honestly am starting to worry. The last time he acted this way, he tried to do something as soon as he went home.

*after you guys get to your home*

"Okay, Frank, Whats wrong?" I ask, stepping into my room, tossing my backpack to the floor.

I don't hear a response, so I look back to him. He looks like he's gonna break down, and it reminds me of how he acted before.

"I'm literally the worst person." He says, making me engulf him in a hug.

"No you-" I get cut off from saying he's not, by him whispering again.

"My Mom is in the hospital." And my heart drops.
"And now I have to go to my dad's."

"You know you could just stay here, right?" I offer. "We have school anyway."

"I don't want to bother you or your dad." He whispers, making me unwrap my arms from around him just enough to look him in the eyes.

"You could never bother us, and my dad's Not here anyway. He's on a business meeting." I say, being 100% honest.

"I honestly should probably just go to my dad's." He says, making me scoff.

"Nah, you're staying here." I say, making him laugh.

"You can't just decide that for me." He says, looking down to the floor.

"Do you actually want to go to your dad's?" I ask, his eyes meeting mine. He doesn't answer. "Exactly."

"Fine." He says, probably still thinking he's going to be a bother.

"I could not ever think of you as a burden, so don't think you are gonna bother me by being here." I reassure, and he doesn't respond, he just nods.

"Let's watch a movie." I suggest, making him look up at me.

*once you guys are settled on the couch*

Once it's the middle of the movie we put on, I'm practically asleep.

One thing I've noticed about how Frank's been acting is that he pretty much doesn't even eat anymore. Also, he started smoking a bit, but honestly his personality hasn't changed at all. He still gets pushed into lockers which is depressing to watch, and even worse to get pushed into one after watching him. I feel so bad, but the teachers don't do anything but assume you were skipping class. I can't wait till next year for when we graduate. When we can get out of this place we have to call home town.

FRANK'S POINT OF VIEW

god, why is y/n being so concerned? I'm not complaining, I mean y/p has always been caring towards everybody, but why does y/p think I should stay here.

Oh my god. Y/p knows about what I did that one day. Am I acting the way I was that day? Probably. But am I going to try to commit suicide again? No. I don't ever want to put y/n through that again.

FLASHBACK TO TWO YEARS EARLIER
NO ONES POINT OF VIEW

Frank lays in the hospital bed, staring at the floor. He didn't regret swallowing a bunch of pills, but he obviously knew it was not the best idea he's had. Frank was most definitely staying in the hospital overnight, as the doctors orders, but he wanted to go to school. He wanted to see his closest friend y/n, who was possibly his only reason to give a genuine smile.

What he was going to say when y/n found out he actually attempted, he had no clue. All he knew is that he was going to have to explain himself, and his explanation was going to have to be a good one.

What he wasn't expecting to see, was y/n shuffle through the hospital room door. When he looked over, he wished he didn't even look. Y/p had a look of heartache, anger, sympathy, and pity all mixed together spread across y/p face. Y/p's eyes were bloodshot from crying, but the anger on their face was still very recognizable, even if the heartache covered most of it.

"Frank?" Y/n asks, making Frank turn away, knowing he was about to receive a lecture. "I understand you don't want to talk, but I just needed to know you're okay. Knowing my best friend is in the hospital isn't the best feeling in the world, especially if you weren't sick in the last hour I say you."

"I'm sorry." Frank mumbled, his voice hoarse from the lack of water he has had throughout the past few days.

"Why are you in here anyway? They said you were staying the night, so I may or may not have convinced my dad to allow me to stay here with you since there's no school tomorrow." Y/n asks, and the stuff mentioned after the question makes Frank look back at y/p.

"You don't have to stay here." He whispers, trying not to strain his voice, as it hurts severely from the pills being lodged down it.

"I wanted to though." Y/p states, making Frank look back to the ground. "I'm gonna go get you some water."

After Y/n left the room, Frank kept trying to figure out what he was going to say when y/p comes back.

Once y/n came back, y/p carefully handed Frank the small plastic cup of water, attempting not to spill it.

"Thanks." Frank almost stuttered on his words. He took a sip of water, trying to ease his throat.

END OF FLASHBACK

Frank looked down at his friend, who had curled up real close to him throughout the movie. He didn't need to apply any fake smiles around y/n. His smiles were almost always genuine around y/p. He closed his eyes, not being able to fight his lack of sleep, and couldn't help but think to himself,

'I don't feel like such a horrible person when y/p do this..'

————————————
A.N.
Anyways, I'm putting this out before I go into school, so sorry if there's any typos or anything.I'll see you in the next chapter, bye guys.