Promises {G}

TRIGGER WARNING
The mention of suicide and and self harm are very frequent in this chapter, if you are easily triggered by those topics, I do not advise you to continue reading.
————————
I used the address from the post of his old drivers license,,

I blocked out extra stuff cause I'm not sure if anything is important on there

We're a really creepy fandom btw, and I have no shame in being part of it.
————————
I ran, feeling the slow tapping of rain against my arms. He only lived a street down, and with the need for my car to start all the way would take longer.

Once I reached his door, I banged on it repeatedly. But when I received no answer, I took the key from under the small plant next to it.

It was nearly 4 in the morning, all I was wearing was a pair of shorts, an oversized T-shirt, and a pair of slip ons with no socks. Yet there I stood, unlocking the house door to the person who knew practically everything about me, Gerard Way.

I almost didn't wake up to his call, if I didn't I would never be able to forgive myself. Ever.

Pushing open the door, closing it in a rush, I rush to the room that I already know is locked. I pound on it, my pleas only getting louder.

"Gerard, please, open the door!"
"Gee! Come on."
"P-please."

Sobs escape my throat as I receive no reply, no answer to my calls.
No answer until I hear a small, scared voice from the other side of the door.

"I- I couldn't do any of this anymore." He sobs, and I feel tears falling down my face. " all I did was try, but I was so tired of this. All of it. I- just wanted the world to be quiet."

"Gerard.." I coax," Please. Open the door."

My voice cracks, but the door doesn't open.

"I- I don't know what I was thinking, calling you. I- I just, I thought about you. A lot. I'm was so stupid, calling you." He whispers, his voice tired, cracking. "I didn't deserve you."

"Gerard! Open this door! Please!" I beg, banging on the door one more time, trying to open it. To my amazement, it opens. My eyes search the room spotting Gerard, holding a bottle of empty pills, and a knocked-over water bottle. My hands automatically went to his phone on the ground, quickly calling the emergency line.

"911 what is you emergency?"

"My-My friend just downed a bottle of pills." I choke out, "I- I don't know what to do."

"What is your current location?"

"69, Salter Place, Belleville, New Jersey. Please hurry."

"We have an ambulance only a minute away, stay calm."

"How can I stay calm when my best friend is slowly dying?" I ask, in a fit of hysteria. How could anyone stay calm in a situation like this.

"Please state your friend's name and your own."