Chapter 12- Extra Extra

Jessica's POV

So far, my day has just been boring. Until now no one has called me to wish me a happy birthday, not even my parents who live in Italy with my two older brothers. Neither did Bella or Austin call. And trying to tell something to Tyler about today would be of no use, because let's face it, he won't give a fuck.

So I here I am, sitting in the living room next to Tyler looking all sad and gloomy with my phone on my lap, hoping for a call to make my day. And finally, Bella called. I answer the call with such excitement. "Hey Bella!"

"Hey Jess!"

"So, why'd you call?"

"What? Can't I call my best friend for no reason? But I do have a reason."

Here it comes.

"Do you wanna go shopping with me? I don't wanna be alone, and Austin's gonna be with Tyler all day. So, what say? Are you in?"

"So that's it? There's nothing else you wanna tell me?"

"Oh right."

Finally!

"Try to look extra extra cute, you know there are always hot guys walking around in the mall, who know, you might fall for someone."

"Anything else? What's today? Try to remember."

"Today's just Saturday, nothing really special. Get ready quick, I'm coming to pick you up. Bye B." She says before hanging up.

I put my phone back down on my lap, sadly looking at it. No one remembers my birthday, not even my own best friend. I look up to see Tyler entering the living room, and he looked hot, as usual. His wet hair was in a sexy mess. His black adidas hoodie paired with black ripped jeans made him look even sexier. God had truly taken some time when making him.

"So, I'm going out with Austin, and I assume that Isabella is gonna come in a while to take you out." He says, "do you want me to wait until she's here?"

Did he seriously say that? Why does he care anyways?

"No it's ok, you can leave." The moment I said that, the bell rang.

"I think she's here." I said and walk towards the door before being greeted by Bella's warm hugs.

"Ready to leave?" She asks and I nod, leaving the house and entering the car before disappearing into thin air.

*******

"I'm so exhausted!" Bella complains once we're in the driveway of Tyler's house. We spent like 5 to 6 hours in the mall, buying from all the branded stores. Forever 21, H&M, ZARA, you name it. I had a great shopping spree, but until now, I didn't get any wishes.

We both walk in front of the door with 5 shopping bags in both our hands, so in total we had 20 bags. That's some shopping now isn't it?

I try to push the doorbell and successfully do, before seeing Tyler open up the door. "Woah Cherry, what's all that you've got? Had some great shopping time isn't it?" He says and takes some from my hands.

I enter the house and it was dark, the lights were turned off. "Why are the lights turned off Tyler?" I ask,

"This is why."

The lights flicker on and I gasp in shock. "SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSICA!" The crowd of friends scream. I my eyes start watering, not only because all my friends are here and they remembered my birthday, but also because,

"Mom, dad!"

******

Hey guys! I know it's a short chapter, and I'm updating late, but I'm trying my best to update as early as possible, so sorry for this. Anyways, I hope you enjoy.

Quote:"You are all the colors in one, at full."
- Theodore Finch (Jennifer Niven), All The Bright Places.

One of the best books I've read^

Sending love your way
HappyWatermelonKid•