Chapter 30- Cold

Chapter 30- Cold
Jessica's POV

"Look at my Abby turning 8! Happy birthday princess!" I said and hugged her as she wraps her arms around my neck. Yes, I was on my knees in case you're thinking.

"I'm so happy you're here Jessie!" She looks at me, then kisses my cheek. I stand up next to Tyler and she looks at him with confusion. "Who is he? Is he your new boyfriend? Did you leave Ethan?" She bombards me with her questions,

"No darling, don't worry. He's just my friend, and I didn't leave Ethan." I lie,

She smiles and runs downstairs, "why'd you lie?" Tyler asks,

"I couldn't tell her me and her brother aren't together anymore, she'd be heartbroken."

"But it's still a lie," his said sadly,

I stood on my tip toes and kissed his cheek, "well at least you know that, so relax." I said and he nods.

We both walked downstairs together, our fingers laced up together. Abby came running towards me when I reached the last step, making Tyler release his grip.

I picked Abby in my arms and she said, "let's go to Ethan, some other girls are flirting with him."

Abby might be just 8 years old, but she's smart for her age.

We walked to Ethan and put Abby back on her feet. Ethan leaned in to whisper, "does she know about us?" I shook my head as an answer, and he visibly sighed a sigh of relief.

Abby tugged at my knotted T-shirt, making me go down to her level and she said, "hold his hand so they would go away."

I hesitated but took Ethan's hand in mine, interlocking our fingers, which took him by surprise. She tugged at my shirt again, and said, "kiss his cheek so they'd go away."

I hesitated but did it nonetheless, which made him smile. The girls didn't seem to go, so she tugged again,

"Just kiss him!"

My eyes widened, I stood up with hesitation. I didn't wanna kiss him. I don't wanna kiss him. But I have to! For her. I turn Ethan around, making him look at me with confusion, and before he could say anything, I smashed my lips on his.

At first he was startled, but then he soon kissed me back. I don't wanna kiss him, I wanna pull away, but it's not happening. For some reason I can't pull away. It's like his lips are acting as a magnet and it's keeping mine attached to his. Ughh.

Pull away Jess!

I shake my head and pull away from him, breathing heavily. Ughh! I didn't want this! I turn back to see Tyler with a very angry expression mixed with hurt. I leave Ethan's hand and walk towards Tyler, but he left through the front door.

Now I was running behind him.

"Tyler!" Ignored,

"Tyler please listen to me!" Ignored again,

"Ty! Tyler please listen!" Ignored yet again.

I saw him sit on his bike and disappear away into the thin air.

*******

I was in my pajamas, sitting on Tyler's bed in his bedroom. My knees were up to my chin and my arms were wrapped around them. Bella and Austin drove me home, and I told them everything in the way.

Tyler isn't home yet. I'm so worried about him. What if he's drunk? What if he's stranded somewhere and really needs my help? What if he's...

No no, I can't think like that!

I'll wait here for Tyler, even if it means me having to stay awake until next morning.

I took my phone and gave Tyler another call, and again, he doesn't pick up. I've given him almost 20 missed calls now and god knows how many texts. Where is he?

I look at the clock, the seconds turned to minutes, the minutes turned to hours, but Tyler wasn't here yet. I stood up and start pacing around the room.

Please god keep him safe.

After minutes and minutes of pacing around the room, I sat back down on the bed. My eyes were feeling heavy, and they started drooping. I would fall asleep any minute.

A loud thud in the room woke me up. I see Tyler walking around the room. It was 1:45 am. I hurriedly stood up and rushed towards him, pulling him into a hug. He didn't wrap his arms  around me, which made me feel cold. I look at his face to see bloodshot red eyes, and he reeked of alcohol.

"Where the fuck were you? Why the fuck weren't you picking up my calls? Why the fuck weren't you texting me back? What the fu-" he peeled my arms off of him and walked away into the washroom.

I sat on the edge of the bed, frustratedly running my fingers through my hair. Why is this happening god? Why?

He comes back out of the washroom in his boxers and I walk towards him again, taking his hand in mine, but he coldly pushed my hand away. "Where were you Tyler? I was so fucking worried!" I said, but go no reply back again.

"Answer me god damn it!" My voice rose, which made him look at me with anger. "Shut the fuck up!-" I flinched and took a step back. He was very scary right now, this isn't the Tyler I know, "-You're not my fucking girlfriend to keep asking me fucking questions! And since when did you start caring? You didn't fucking seem to care about when you kissed that asshole Ethan! Get this fucking straight into your fucking head that I don't fucking care about you! I. DON'T. CARE. ABOUT. YOU!" He screamed, which made me flinch again.

Tears started pouring out of my eyes as I watched him lie down in his side of the bed, his back facing my side. I lie down on my side of the bed, my back facing his back and closed my eyes.

Everything was great between us until today. He's right. We're not even dating, I'm not even his girlfriend, but hearing him say it out loud hurt. What hurt more was when he said, "I don't fucking care about you!" Tears start pouring heavily out of my eyes now.

I thought of the happy memories me and Tyler had, and cried myself to sleep.

******
This is so sad! Ughhhhhh! I'm back home btw, but still a late update. Oops, sorry! You'll forgive me right? *smiles innocently with hope in the eyes* toodles my darlings! *blows kisses*

Quote: "when you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath, you heard it, darling you look perfect tonight."
- Perfect, Ed Sheeran

This song gives me the best feelings I could have!

Sending love your way
HappyWatermelonKid•