Chapter 13- Low Key

Chapter 13- Low Key
Jessica's POV

I ran towards my parents, engulfing them both in a tight hug, as if they'd vanish if I left them. I haven't seen them in two years, and seeing them right now made me sob like a baby. My dad ruffled my hair, "how are you kiddo?" He asks, making me cry even more. I had apparently wet their shoulders with my tears.

"Come on guys, let us hug our sister too." I turn around to see Samuel and Theodore. My older brothers. The tears start pouring like a waterfall when I hugged them both. Their hugs were the best, and god knows how bad I've wanted them in these years.

"How are you Jess?" Sam, the eldest one, asks. He's 25, and Theo's 22. I look at him with glossy eyes and smile, saying that I'm good. Great. Better than I could ever be. Theo starts tickling me, and I start laughing like a kid. Theo has always been the childish one. "Th-Theo-sto-stop-p-pl-please!" I said between laughs. He stopped and kissed my forehead.

This, is the best gift I've ever got. "Who managed to fly you guys here?" I ask. Someone cleared their throat, making me turn around, "my magic worked, didn't it?" Tyler asks. Without thinking, I run towards him and engulf him in a bone crushing hug. At first he was startled, but then he hugged me back. "Thank you Tyler, thank you so much."

"My pleasure Cherry." He says while brushing my hair with his fingers. I know that I've been always fangirling over his looks, but I never knew his touch would be so electrifying, it burned my insides with all the sparks. I didn't know I felt this way towards him, but it's probably how all the girls feel when he touches them.

We break our hug, making me suddenly yearn and crave for his hug again. "So guys, if all this emotional meet up and sentimentality is over, can we start the party?" Bella asks and everyone cheers. Just like this, one of the best nights started.

Sam and Theo were drinking shots in the mini bar that has been arranged in the corner of the living room. The living room was a dance floor right now, a club. Literally. Drunk people were dancing and grinding against each other over the high waves of the music, while I sat near Theo and Sam talking to my parents.

"So, how's school going?" My mom shouts over the loud music,

"It's going great ma, I'm loving it."

That's low key the truth. Low key.

"I heard you moved in with Tyler, is it true? Does he trouble you? Did he try doing anything to you? Have you been harmed in any ways? Is Tyler in l-" dad bombards me with these questions.

"Dad, calm down. Everything's fine, and Tyler's actually a very nice person, and he cared enough to let me live here with him." I reply,

He let out a sigh of relief. "Jess, darling, we're sorry we didn't get anything for you." He says,

"It's alright dad, you guys are here, it's the best gift I could ever get." I said before hugging them.

"Guys-" Tyler calls out, "it's time for the birthday girl to cut the cake!"

******
Hello! *blows kisses* alright, toodles!

Quote:"Ultraviolet Remarkey-able, I think I love you."
- Theodore Finch, All the bright places.

Yeah, you're gonna see some chapters be flooded with "All the bright places" quotes.

Sending love your way
HappyWatermelonKid•