2 - Teddy bear

Louis spends his first days of his second year of school, on the playground looking for Harry. In his head, the only option Harry had was to choose the same school as his to frequent and Louis couldn’t wait to introduce him to his whole class.

For much of his sadness he got to know that Harry wasn’t at his school after all and when he asked him in what school he was then, Harry’s answer was ‘home’. Louis couldn’t believe it and was a bit confused with his answer. Harry explained to him that he had classes at home and by the way he had explained it to him, Louis, with eyes wide open, found it awesome and when he got home told his mom that he also wanted to have classes with Harry in his house. Fiona laughed at his son’s idea and explained to him that things didn’t work like he thinks and wants them to.

Louis didn’t find fair the fact that he has to wake up so early in the morning to go to school while Harry spends his time at home. But when Louis asked him if he finally had made new friends Harry only shook his head and said that he was the only student. Well if it is to be like that, Louis prefers keep going to his school normally.

Harry is home-schooled because he shows to his parents that he’s not ready to go outside and talk with other kids. For his parents is indifferent, if he’s at home at least someone is looking after him and they don’t need to worry about picking him in time at school and money is not a problem for them.

Louis only saw Harry’s parents twice – his mother thrice, counting the day they met – and he’s already frightened by them. He basically doesn’t like them, – not that it matters – maybe it’s because of the way they talk to Harry, it’s not as warm and soft as his mother when she speaks to him so he finds it uncomfortable. Or maybe by the way they always look like they’re angry or even because the three times Louis has asked Harry to go to his house they never allowed him to and he thinks they don’t want Louis in their home as well – but he can’t really prove that, Harry never really invited him over.

But things like this don’t really stop the two kids to be together. It’s not a surprise when Louis is always having the initiative to go and talk to the quiet boy and his mother is really shocked and surprised with Louis for simple reasons really. She notices that when they’re together, they’re always sit on the sidewalk in front of Harry’s house and when it’s raining they go to the top of the stairs of Harry’s house, under the roof. They only talk and when they don’t – when Harry doesnt feel like to – they just look at flowers, he leaves Harry doing whatever he does with the book he always shows up with. Louis is not a boy of flowers, he is a boy who likes to run, play and make a lot of noise and the fact that around Harry he behaves completely differently is extraordinary. And let’s underline Around Harry, because when he’s not with the boy he goes back to normal.

That’s all they do and Louis seems really happy with the friendship he has with little Harry, even if it’s different. And his pride of their friendship is so big that on his birthday, when he travelled to Manchester, to his grandpa's house he had to tell him about Harry. And that’s a huge step because his grandfather is his oldest friend, he’s someone really important to him and he loves him so much that when they see each other they keep talking for hours telling the news. The old man feels so alive with his grandson around that he even feels younger and Louis appreciates every moment he spends with him.

Louis is young but he’s an emotional and caring kid. He cares a lot about people and he easily creates an affection towards others. He also likes to protect them, like his young sister, they can fight a lot but he has this instinct to protect her right away when he finds her crying or if someone or something hurts her. So he doesn’t even realise when he builds the same instinct towards Harry and the fact that he’s younger than him helps with that. He doesn't really have to protect him from anything yet – instead of the bugs and bees – but if he ever has to, he will without hesitation.