20 - Life Saver

"Erm, Harry?" He hears himself some minutes later. He feels Harry's gaze on him but doesn't dare to look back "I forgot to tell you-to give you, your birthday present." He says after thinking and thinking about the better way to tell it to Harry. So he does the same way he always ends up doing after thinking too much, he's direct. "So we're leaving tomorrow to Liverpool."

"Excuse me?" Harry asks seriously and in instinct Louis finally meets his gaze facing with a confused and opened eye Harry. It's obvious that Harry thinks he didn't hear correctly or maybe thinks that Louis is just going crazy. So Louis bites his bottom lip and lets an amused smile slipt from his lips - probably the first one this morning - while Harry looks at him in dull.

"Hum, yeah, okay wrong way to tell you this." He sits up, resting his back on the bed's headboard and doesn't even notice the way Harry does the same, always careful to bring the sheets with him. "The reason my family and I aren't going on vacations to Liverpool this year, is because you and I are going." He says and all the awkwardness and worries vanish when he says these words with a smile, speaking louder the you and i  to emphasise the idea. Just the thought that he's possibly between hours to drive with Harry to Liverpool so both can spend a week together, enjoy themselves and not worry about anything, just really having fun and getting the hell out of Doncaster, trying to make Harry forget about his problems. It makes him happy.

"You're kidding, right?" Harry asks and Louis asks himself why he isn't smiling and looking excited.

"Hum, no I'm not." Louis answers, his smile fading away and getting worried "Is there any-" he stops himself for some seconds. What if Harry doesn't want to go because he now feels uncomfortable around Louis after what happened last night? Well, by how well Louis knows Harry, if he was uncomfortable he wouldn't have laid down next to him still naked in silence. He'd have ran away, making Louis disappear, anything but what truly happened... However, anything stops Harry to still feel nervous about all of this and Louis is just trying to forget this for both. Especially for Harry, though. Because he didn't want to forget.

"If you don't want to come, I understand, I mean... I just wanted to-"

"Lou." Harry's hands travel to find Louis' since Louis' voice gets too low and trespassing all his concern to his best friend. "I-" he starts but makes a pause while both stare at each other. "I'm sorry..."

Louis pulls away Harry's hands quickly, hurt "You don't want to..."

"No," Harry says loudly and Louis frowns.

"No need to shout if you don't want to, I get it you are only being-"

"Louis," he shouts again but this time he chuckles "Shut up, god, I do want to." He truly laughs this time, holding Louis' hand in both of his again "I want it so bad, are you kidding?!" He smiles truthfully and Louis feels a lot of weight going out of his shoulders. "This is great, Louis, this is awesome. Of course I want I, god, give me a hug you idiot."

Louis grins opening his arms to let his best friend in. Both wrap their arms around each other and Harry almost reaches Louis' lap, which make him laugh. He sinks his head on the crook from Louis' neck, then placing a kiss on his collarbone like they always do. It makes Louis shiver and wrapping his arms tighter around his best friend. "I wasn't expecting this," He laughs and the hot breathe Louis' feels on his skin is pleasant "but," fuck, the but's. "What about my parents?"

"They're not here Harry." Louis whispers back. He likes the way they communicate, Harry doesn't pull away from Louis and he definitely won't, they talk lowly just for the two of them to listen to and their voices are soft.

"I know but... going away to Liverpool this way, without them knowing..." Louis finds himself surprised when Harry pulls away, showing his nervous expression; his eyebrows down, his lips pressed in a straight line and his eyes showing nothing, not even the usual glow.