14 - Closer

Playlist:

Arms by Christina Perri

Your Call by Secondhand Serenade

Thinking Out Louis by Ed Sheeran (this song fits so well in Louis and Harry relationship in this book awe) 

~*~

"Lou?" he looks worried at his friend. Louis is not crying, he is not... but he has been. And he looks sad, really sad so when he walks towards Harry and wraps his arms around his body, Harry holds him and keeps in silence for a while so the older boy can just let it out silently and trying to compose himself.

Louis holds Harry tightly and Harry probably doesn't know but is for him to hold his tears. Because he doesn't want to cry, especially because of this.

He feels Harry caressing his hair and he is so gentle, Harry is so gentle and warm and it's so good to be held by him. "Tell me what's wrong, babe." And oh his voice is so soft and tender and Louis loves when he calls him babe because it's not usual and that's the magic about it. Louis feels like he's enjoying the waves from the ocean by being like this with Harry and listening to his voice.

"They are dicks Harry..." Louis says without pulling away and Harry doesn't ask who he waits till Louis continue, he knows he will. "They said they were my friends and then hurt me. Threw me away. Betrayed me." Louis' voice sounds broken but he won't cry. He won't.

Harry takes one hand from Louis' hair to drop it and hold Louis' hand instead. That makes Louis raise his head and look at his green eyes, especially when feels Harry brushing his thumb across its skin. "What did they to you?" Louis could cry now. Yeah now he would, only because concern is written upon Harry's eyes and it can be felt on his voice as well.

So Louis lowers his head and joins his lips tightly. He's a mess and feels broken for many reasons, many reasons really. But he also feels guilty and that's what is eating him on the inside. "Hey," Harry holds Louis' chin and makes his best friend look back at him and wow, wow Louis can't understand how Harry can be so tender and look at him this way, as if Louis was his world and making Louis be this close to him. Close to the point of both breathing the same air, being one so Louis won't ever be far away from Harry. Beautiful and sweet Harry. "Lou, babe, look at me and talk to me. I'm here, yeah?" Harry offers him a small smile and Louis doesn't know how glad Harry is for Louis having his eyes dry and not being crying. That just breaks his heart. Louis would understand.

Louis nods and he won't. He definitely won't cry. "Caroline cheated on me." He simply says. Voice sad but still soulless.

"Oh." Harry's lips part because no, he wasn't expecting this. This... but it's not over yet and he feels anger right now. Anger because he already hated that girl — only Harry knows how much he dislikes her and even the others, the people who took his Louis away from him, from home — and now after knowing this he just feels like killing her. Literally. Though he won't do it. Only because he's a pussy and doesn't really want to go to jail at age sixteen.

"Yeah," Louis laughs dryly "with Ian." And this time Harry's eyes open widely because what? What the fuck is he listening to? "I saw them. Apparently this thing wasn't new. Everyone knew it. Except from me of course." He doesn't stop smirking and laughing wryly and that breaks Harry's heart because he knows Louis isn't okay with this and it's not even funny. "I broke up with her and she wasn't okay with it. Like, what did she expect me to do? To share? She acted like a bitch and then the others, Michael and Camila stood up for her. Because their excuse was, you've been so absent Louis." This time he really laughs because it's quite funny the way his so said friends said those words to him. Like it was his fault and the correct thing to do was this. "But this goes on since I... since that night I came here drunk. I saw them but I was too drunk to remember. So the shit about me not being present is just that... bullshit. I was so close to beat the shit out of Ian. Not because it was with him she was cheating me on, because otherwise I'd have to beat her as well... and the others but because he said nothing. He didn't speak up. It was frustrating being humiliated there and he was quiet as if what happened had nothing to do with him."