17 - Brownies

Important author's note at the end

~*~

 "Do you ever thought about getting married?" Louis suddenly hears Harry asking and he shoots a glare  at him right away. The light is hitting his crystal eyes, is almost sunset and the cold water from the lake on his feet is pleasant

"What the hell, Harry?" 

Harry looks away from him to appreciate the blue, orange and even a bit pink sky "I was just wondering..."

"I'm too young to think about that, don't you think?"

"You're never too young to think Louis."

Louis frowns looking at his best friend and thinking that Harry isn't that good at saying deep things "So, have you?" 

"Yes," Louis sees a dimple appearing on the side of the cheek he is facing and in the next moment Harry is looking at him again "but the problem is, I always imagine me with you." his tender voice makes Louis shiver and the words hitting him actually make his bones aching. Harry is such a surprise that Louis is constantly looking at him with eyes wide open by the amount of surprises he makes. 

Since when did Harry got so close from him? 

And why is Louis feeling his lips against the fragile skin from his ear? "Let's skinny dipping" Harry whispers following it with a giggle.

Louis doesn't remember agreeing with it, doesn't even remember getting naked on the lake with Harry, with the still visible rays of sunshine hitting the water, which at the moment has the exact colours of the sky. It's so beautiful and Louis can't stop but examine the fact that it contrasts perfectly with Harry's skin tone. And oh... he's naked, and his hair is wet and he is giving Louis a dorky smile. 

That's it really, they don't speak, they just look at each other with loud smiles in their faces, even though smiles don't have a sound. But they are worth more than words and that's all they need and want right now, not  breaking the comfortable silence, being mixed by the sound of the water.  Louis doesn't know how that sounds like music to his ears because the silence is predominant.

"You're so god damn beautiful, you know that, don't you Tomlinson?" Louis never heard Harry treating him by Tomlinson. But is enjoyable and Louis can't pull the thought about thinking that it sounds dirtier than it actually is, away.

"I-I don't... I-" He stops talking when hears Harry chuckling.

"You don't need to say anything." This time Harry's smile is sweet and Louis thinks he hears love coming out from it. Which is kinda impossible. He only nods as if he is answering at his best friend's cheesy comment.

The water was colder on his skin before, now it's fine and it seems like sometimes it burns, like Harry's eyes on him. Sometimes he can feel the rocks on the end of the lake, other times he needs to swim to keep on the surface. 

"How are you feeling?" Harry asks 

"Erm, normal I guess." Louis replies "You?"

Harry swims - when did he learn to swim? - towards the blue eyed boy and in a blink of an eye his body is feeling Harry's on his. It's soft and warm. Warm?

"I'm very well." Harry makes Louis looking at him by his chin. He's still with a smirk on his face and Louis needs to gulp looking at him that way. He feels exposed and it's not only because he is naked, however the rocks he is feeling on his back don't bother him. 

Harry leans over till the tip of their noses are touching "Harry..." Louis hears himself whispering

"Lou..." Harry's smile only disappears when his lips are touching Louis'. He moves softly and Louis didn't know that he could be this close from someone. How their bodies could be connected this well, always synchronized.