8 - That's enough

Songs:

So soon - Marianas Trench

Angel of Mine - The Icarus Account 

~*~

Harry’s parents didn’t even get from the lack of their soon during the night and morning he was at Louis’. Which was good. Perfect even. And Louis was relieved when he went with him back to Harry’s house and got to know that.

So things get back to normal. Harry is making up for all the things he kept from Louis and Louis likes it. Louis loves it because now every time Harry feels down he doesn’t tell Louis to go away or keeps quiet, no. He talks with his best friend, he tells him what happened, what he is thinking and feeling and that’s the best sensation from the whole world for Louis. He feels needed and more like a better friend for Harry. He is being there for the curly boy like he deserves to.

And Louis loves listening to Harry talking. He simply adores it because the older boy has a special and lovely voice to be heard. When his words are sad and his tone dead, he says it as if he is reciting poetry. But Louis seems not to listen to his own words, because when he tries to make Harry feeling better, when he says those sweet special words to his best friend, full promises, he sounds like he is telling Harry the meaning of love without saying the proper word and Harry feels it even. He feels loved with Louis whispering him sweet nothings and lovable promises and he can’t see, he can’t fucking see how good he is making Harry feel. How protected he makes him feel. He can’t see how the green eyed boy looks at him as if the words he is speaking to him are words that only a good writer could write in his book.

“You good?” Louis asks making his best to look at his best friend from the side without being hit by the light of the sun on his light eyes.

“Yes…” Harry answers not stopping from their walk. It’s a hot day of July and he knows if he stops he’ll feel like he’s burning. “I think.” He finishes

“What’s wrong babe?” he asks in his soft tone. The pet name is usual by now and Louis probably doesn’t even realise when uses it.

“We talk later, yes?” Harry says “Let’s buy an ice cream now okay?” he suggests when they walk by the coffee shop where it sells their favourite ice creams with cracker

Louis nods because he knows he’ll eventually speak by now. There is no doubt and that warms his chest.

They end up sitting on one of the tables outside under a sun umbrella to protect themselves from the hot rays of sunshine. Harry is eating his usual vanilla and caramel ice cream, trying his best not to eat the cracker around while Louis eats his not so usual waffle, his, with strawberry flavour.

“You can stop by my house tonight. My parents are going away this afternoon so I have the whole week for myself.” Harry says and Louis grins. Here it comes the good days when Harry doesn’t need to listen to bullshit from Sarah and David. It smells more like summer eve even.

“All right. I can tell my mom to make extra dinner and I can bring it.”

“Sounds good.” Louis likes the smile Harry gives him when he’s truly happy. It sounds mean to refer Harry’s happiness with the fact that his parents are out but that’s the painful and stupid reality for them.

“Hm, so Lou…”

“Harry?” Louis laughs a little making Harry drop his serious expression

“Are you excited to change school and start high school?”

“Oh yeah, actually I am. I mean I was so tired of that place. The teachers, people and ambient. I think is good a bit of change, it’ll feel fresh and–oh, shit.” Louis curses when notices Harry’s expression and now he knows why Harry looked like he was thinking too much “Harry I-“