12 - Swollen skin

Songs: 

Heart of stone by IKO 

How to save a life by The Fray 

Fix You - Coldplay 

Human - Christina Perri

Creep by Scott Hoying and Caitlin Notey 

a lot, i know, but it fits really well on the chapter, is good if you listen to them while reading

~*~

Harry's sleeves are full of blood and Louis is shocked, gasping from air with the vision of Harry holding a razor and already with his wrist covered in cuts, bleeding. 

Louis is out of his body, he can't ratiocinate properly about what is happening right now. But right in the time he sees Harry like that he moves. He moves besides being in shock. It happens all too quickly, the bathroom seems to be darker than it really is and it's all blurry — probably because of the tears that are covering his eyes and streaming down his face without his permission.

Louis grabs the towels he can and drops in knees besides Harry. He throws away the razorblade, which is still in Harry's hands and presses the towels in his wrists. Harry is crying uncontrollably and Louis needs to shut his eyes tightly to control himself so he doesn't have a break down right there, because Harry is looking at him. He can see the panic the boy is passing through.

It's almost impossible to understand the words the younger boy is saying. Louis only catches "Louis" and"I'm sorry" repeatedly and then "I wasn't trying to kill myself". Louis knows he wasn't. The cuts weren't cut vertically but they are too deep and he can't form words in his head to make acts, because he needs to do something else, speak even. He can't just be there trying to stop the blood and cry looking at his best friend.

"Oh Harry... Harry why..." Are the first words Louis speaks and he can't recognise his own voice. He is scared, he can't believe what is happening. What he is feeling isn't half of what he felt when Harry fell on the lake.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so-sorry, Louis..." Harry is literally in panic and Louis asks himself if the boy is in pain due the force he is doing in his wrists with the towel — now half of the white fabric is replaced with red due the blood.

"We need to get you to the hospital" he manages to say

"No." Harry screams, cheeks and eyes wet with all the tears he is letting out. "No, no, no... please L-Louis... No." he breaks into sobs and it's when he finally looks away from Louis "I'll be fine. No please... I'm fine. Louis I will be-" He doesn't finish his sentence when starts crying harder.

His cries echo through the bathroom and right now, his cries and Louis' heavy breathe, are the only sounds able to be heard. Harry is still sat on the same spot, arm stretched with both Louis' hands pressing the towel around his wrists. Louis doesn't care about the blood dirtying his own clothes, he keeps in knees next to Harry, trying to clean his own tears by turning his head once in a while towards his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry Louis... I'm so sorry, I didn't want—I didn't want you to-" he stops again, but this time it's not because he starts crying even more, no. He even stops a bit by the shock.

Louis lets go his wrist and wraps his arms around Harry, taking him to his chest, almost to his lap. He keeps one arm intertwined around Harry's tummy and the other around his shoulders, touching his hair. He caresses Harry's curls and allows the boy to cry on his shoulder. This time is almost soundless since the sounds are muffled by Louis' shirt. But he knows Harry is still crying when he feels the hot breathe and the wetness hitting his shoulder and neck.