t h r e e

"A fire earlier this morning erupted and was blown out by Supergirl. She is doing so much for this city. We will keep you updated with the latest."

The news plays on the tv while I quickly get ready to go to work and deal with the issue which is Marley Rose. Why does everything have to happen now?

"Mon-El, I'm leaving," I say. 

"Already?"

"Yeah, I have to be at Catco now or Ms. Grant will, you know... not appreciate it. Plus, I have to go and be as Kara Danvers as I can be. Nobody can find out about me," I say again.

"Hey, do you want me to come by and pick you up for lunch?" Mon-El asks with his cute smile. 

"Sure, come by around twelve," I say. I peck him on the lips and slip through the door. 

This is the first time I've been in a relationship where I can actually see a future. I love Mon-El. We can relate to each other and we don't have to hide our past from each other, we don't have secrets, something which is very important in any relationship. 

He is the love of my life, my kryptonite. 

I smile to myself at the thought and quickly walk to Catco. Ms. Grant texted me saying that she will be here in the morning to introduce me to her son but will then leave them with me. Why do you have to leave me alone with them, Ms. Grant?

I get into the elevator and hope for the best. 

Here goes nothing.