f o r t y - e i g h t

"What about Mon-El? Is everything okay?" I ask, getting worried. 

"I know you might not believe me but I was at the fortress to find some information about Lex but something popped up. The Lead bomb."

"What about the lead bomb? Lena created a cure for Mon-El. He's fine."

"Kara, I think that it was a temporary cure. The fortress detected large amounts of lead in the atmosphere and if Mon-El doesn't have a proper cure soon, he's going to die," he says. 

I can't believe what I'm hearing. "Okay, okay. It'll be fine. I'll take Mon-El to Lena and ask her to do a few tests. I'm sure she'll be able to create a sustainable cure for him. I'm not going to let him die, Kal!" At this point, I'm crying. I can't lose Mon-El. Not now, or ever.

Kal follows me back into my loft. Without thinking, I grab Mon-El and fly towards L-Corp with him. 

Ryder: What just happened? Did Kara just fly out of her loft? Oh, my god, she's Supergirl! Adam was right!

Alex: And you better keep your mouth shut about it.

Ryder: Then who was the person that pretended to be her at Catco. 

Alex: That's not important. Clark, why did she fly off?

Clark: Mon-El is going to die if she doesn't find a cure for him. 

Barry: What cure?

Clark: Daxamites are allergic to lead and Lena Luthor created a lead bomb to rid the planet of them. She was able to create a temporary cure for Mon-El. I was at the fortress and it detected a large amount of lead in the atmosphere. Not toxic to humans but fatal to Daxamites. 

Barry: Will Mon-El be alright?

Clark: If Lena can create a permanent cure, then, yeah, he'll be fine. But if she doesn't, he'll die. 

Alex: This can't be happening. I'll update Winn and J'onn. 

I land with Mon-El on Lena's balcony. "Um, can I ask why you flew me here?" Mon-El asks, smiling, and a little confused. 

"Kal told me that the cure Lena made for you won't last much longer. I'm going to ask Lena to find or create a permanent cure. I'm not going to let you die, Mon-El. I almost lost you once. I'm not making the same mistake again." I turn away from him, not wanting to see his reaction. 

I see Lena look in our direction and open the door. 

"Supergirl? What are you doing here?"

"Lena, I need your help," I say. 

"Yeah, anything," she says. 

"The cure you created for Mon-El, can you create a permanent cure?"

"I can try, but I can't be sure it will work."

"Please, Lena, please help me save him," I beg. 

"Mon-El, come with me to the lab, I'll run some tests and see what I can do. Supergirl, maybe you should call Kara, does she know about this?"

I look at Mon-El. "I'll tell her but can you please try and help him?"

Lena nods. Mon-El looks at me and smiles weakly. I can't afford to lose him. "I'll go and get as much information as I can, Lena, and I'll be back." I turn around and fly back to my loft. 

"Kara! You're back. Where's Mon-El?" Alex asks while running up to me. 

"He's with Lena. Clark, can you help me get any other useful information about the lead?"

"Yeah, I'm right behind you," he says. 

Before I leave with Clark I look at Ryder. He knows who I am. He knows my secret. "Ryder, please don't tell anyone about this. I can't stand anyone else at risk or any other problems right now because as you can see, I'm dealing with a lot," I say. 

"I understand. I won't tell Adam or the others. I promise," he smiles at me. 

"Thank you," I say softly. 

"Do you think the fortress will have any information?" I ask Kal after we leave my loft. 

"I got all the information I could from there already, Kara. Lena is the only other person since she's the one who created the lead bomb in the first place," he says. 

"Okay. I guess I'll just go back to her then," I say. 

"Kara, just watch out, okay. If she finds out you're Su-"

"I don't care if she finds out, Kal! This is Mon-El! And I'm going to do anything I can to save his life. Wouldn't you do the same if it were Lois?"

Clark pauses. "Yeah. Yeah, I would," he says. 

"So then you know what I mean. If she finds out I'm Supergirl, so be it. It's something that I'll have to live with," I say. 

"Go. Go to Mon-El. I'll call you if I find anything else. Go. He needs you," Kal says. 

I nod and leave without another word.