f o r t y - t w o

Adam: What do you want with us?

Music Meister: Agin, what's with all the questions? You're worse than Supergirl, and that girl can talk.

Jake: You know Supergirl? How?

Music Meister: I once had to teach her and her little friend a lesson. Now I'm here to do the same with both of you.

Adam: You know I can punch you, right?

Music Meister: Woah. Swing and a miss! Nice try but don't bother fighting me. 

Jake: Supergirl will find you and stop you.

Music Meister: You know, you're right. I should go pay her a visit and then I'll get back to you. Toddle-oo.

"I'm getting so bored," I say. I see Barry and Mon-El walking over to me, with Iris following behind. 

Mon-El sits beside me and Bary and Iris sit across from us. Just as I'm about to turn on the television, I hear a familiar ringing in my ear. 

Think of your fellow men. Lend'em a helping hand. Put a little love in your heart.

"Did you hear that?" I look at Barry. He nods his head and stands up at the same time as me. 

"What's going on?" Iris asks. 

"It's the Music Meister," Barry says. Barry and I keep looking around the apartment for any signs of him. 

"You can stop looking around, I'm right here," the Music Meister says. 

"What do you want?" Mon-El says, standing in front of me. 

"Don't worry, I'm not here for you guys. I just wanted to pay my friends a visit."

"If you're not here for us, then why are you here?" Iris asks. 

"I'm here for Adam Foster and Jake Puckerman. They need to be taught a lesson," he says with a shrug. "Not the same lesson I taught the four of you, of course. I mean, I'm not going to make them fall in love with each other. It's more to teach them how to respect women."

"How are you going to teach two immature adults to respect women?" I ask. 

"There's nothing a song can't fix," he says. "And of course, you, Supergirl."

"Me?" I point to myself. "How will I help?"

"They both like you."

"Well, fortunately, I'm taken, and I've made the mistake of dating both of them in the past," I say. 

"You don't have to actually do anything. You are just the bait, I will take care of the rest," he says. "So, are you in?"

"What do I have to do?" I say. 

"I want in," Barry says. 

"Unfortunately, your assistance is not going to be needed, but thank you for the offer, Flash. All you have to do, Kara, is sing."

I freeze. "No. I'm sorry, but I can't do that, I just can't. Not in front of Jake," I say. 

"Is this about the whole Marley Rose thing? Dear lord, you have to get over that. You agreed to help me, you better deliver. Because I could always send you back into that little musical with Mr. Allen."

I look at Barry and nod. "Okay. Fine," I say. "But my friends will be there, in the audience and Barry will be singing with me." I look at Barry and he smiles. 

"I guess I could make that work. Just one more thing," he says. "I want you to sing a specific song."

"Which one?" I ask. Obviously, he's going to ask me to sing one of the songs I sand as Marley. I do have that much common sense.

"Born to Hand Jive. Now, enough questions. Kara Danvers and friends, I will see you in the auditorium tomorrow at five, ready to hand jive." Just like that, he disappears. 

"This is not going to end well for me," I say and let out a grunt.