t w e n t y - t h r e e

"Supergirl, what brings you here?" Ms. Grant asks as I fly into her office from the window. 

"I need advice," I say. 

Adam: Guys, look, Supergirl is with mom.

Ryder: What is she doing here?

Adam: Let's go closer so we can here. 

Ms. Grant gestures for me to sit down. "Well, I'm sort of stuck in the middle of a situation and I don't know what to do about it," I say. I can hear Adam, Ryder and the others whispering from outside but I ignore them, I don't care if they hear me. 

"Well, what do you think I would tell you to do?" Ms. Grant asks me. 

"Um, that's actually why I'm here, Ms. Grant," I laugh a little. 

"Well, Supergirl, just do what I do, when I'm in a bad situation, I do what I can to make it right, there's nothing else to it, really speaking," she says. 

"But that's the thing, I don't know how to do that. There are so many people in this world that I love and I was selfish last year. I almost chose to save someone I love and let those Daxamite ships destroy our city," I say. 

"Everyone is selfish, nobody in this world can only be selfless. I'll admit it, I've been selfish, too selfish. I chose to run my company instead of raising Adam and Ryder, and that's something I can never take back, something I'll regret for the rest of my life but I can't undo the past, I can only try and make the future better," Ms. Grant says. 

I look at her and smile. "You always know what to say, Ms. Grant."

"Supergirl?" Ms. Grant stands up as I'm about to leave. 

"Yes, Ms. Grant?"

"How's Mon-El doing?" Ms. Grant has a small smile planted on her face.

"How do you mean?" I ask, not sure what she's trying to get at. 

"Well, I'm just going to take a wild guess, the person on that ship, who you wanted to save, that was Mon-El wasn't it. You wanted to save him for Kara?"

Oh. "Right. Yes, of course, Kara is a close friend of mine and James' so I had to help her in any way I could," I say, in relief that she didn't think I was actually her. 

"Lies," Ms. Grant looks at me. 

"What? What did I do?" I'm scared. I know she can't hurt me but she does scare me sometimes. 

Ryder: Is Supergirl scared of mom. Why? It's not like mom could hurt her. 

Adam: Just be quiet and listen. 

"Let's just say, your secret is safe with me," she smiles and moves out of my way, making the path to the window accessible. 

"Um, what secret?" I ask, dumbfounded. 

"I heard that you have a boyfriend, Supergirl, is that right?"

I freeze. 

"Um... no, that's crazy," I laugh. 

"Uhuh, well, you can go now, I hope my advice helped," Ms. Grant smiles and gets back behind her desk. 

"Hahaha, okay, Ms. Grant, bye," I say and fly back to my apartment. Does she know that I'm Kara? I mean, how could she possibly know?