f o r t y - s e v e n

All of us make it back to my loft. I walk over to the music player and turn it on. This is more of an intimate gathering, I guess you could call it. 

"Kara, can I talk to you for a minute?" Ryder asks. 

"Yeah, sure," I nod. He follows me to a more secluded area. 

"I know you will probably hate me for asking you this, but why did you lie to us?"

I sigh. He deserves the truth. "To be honest, I wanted to forget about that part of my life. I wanted to forget about Marley Rose because she isn't me and I made a mistake to try and be someone I'm not. I'm Kara Danvers. I have a life here, and friends."

"You had friends there too, you know," he says. 

I just nod slightly. "I didn't have a life. It was a false life that I was living. This is where I belong, here. Look at how many amazing people I'm surrounded by who appreciate me for who I am. I don't have to hide in the shadows."

"I'm sorry we made you feel that way, Kara. I'm truly sorry."

"You were never one of them, Ryder, you have nothing to be sorry about," I smile. 

Ryder and I rejoin the group. As I'm talking to Barry, Mxy shows up. 

"Hello, Kara, sweetie. I'm here," he says with a smile. 

"I can see that, Mxy," I roll my eyes. 

"Off to the fifth dimension we go, my love," he sings. 

"No, Mxy. I can't go with you and I won't," I stand firm. 

I look at Winn and nod. He takes out a device and presses a button. "Why can't I use my powers?" Mxy asked. "You," he looks at Mon-El. "You are using that god-awful device again, aren't you?"

"No, I'm not doing anything," Mon-El smiles. 

"J'onn, can you take him to the DEO and lock him up. make sure the power dampeners are around him so that he can't snap his fingers out of the DEO," I say. 

J'onn nods and he leaves with Winn and Mxy. "I'll be back for you Kara Zor-El," Mxy says before leaving with J'onn and Winn. 

"Um, what did he say? Zor-El?" Ryder questions, confused. 

I look at him. "He's an imp, he'll say anything," I laugh. 

Ryder smiles. 

As we're talking, I hear a knock on the door. I quickly walk over and open it. "Clark!" I say. 

"Hey, Kara. how are you?" He asks while embracing me into a hug. I see him look at Mon-El for a quick second, fear enveloping his eyes. 

"I'm okay. I've missed you," I say. 

"Kara, I need to talk to you, it's important," he says. 

I nod and follow him out of my loft. "What is it, Kal?"

"It's not good, Kara," he says. I look at him, worried as to what he's going to say. "It's about Mon-El."