f o r t y

Barry, Mon-El and I go into Cat's office. We see Cat sitting behind her desk. "What are all of you doing here? Standing there like the racially diverse but non-threatening cast of a CW show."

"Ms. Grant, we came to confront Adam and the others and prove to them that I'm not Supergirl," I say. 

"Well, this should be fun," she says. "And where is Supergirl?" She looks at me. I just smile. 

I notice that Adam and Jake have both noticed me and are making their way towards us. Adam opens the door to Ms. Grant's office. "Did I say you could come in, Adam?" Ms. Grant looks at him. 

"I just wanted to talk to Kara," he says. 

"You can talk to her when I'm done with her," she says. 

"Okay, then can I talk to the other two?"

"No. I asked them to come here. Adam, don't question what I do in my office. Go out and wait," she says and sits back down behind her desk. 

"Thank you, Ms. Grant," I say. 

"Mhm," she says. "What would you do without me Kerah?"

"I don't know," I sigh. "J'onn should be coming soon," I say to the boys. 

"Okay," Barry says. 

Ms. Grant looks up at Barry. "Mr. Allen, how was your journey back home the last time you left?"

"It was good, thank you, Ms. Grant. How did you remember that?" Barry scratches his head. 

"Well, you, along with Supergirl," Ms. Grant looks at me from the corner of her eye, "saved my life, the least I can do is ask how your trip was," she says. 

Barry almost chokes but smiles while looking at me. "Don't look at me, I didn't tell her," I say. 

Before anyone else has a chance to talk, J'onn flies through the window in Ms. Grant's office. I look over to Adam and Jake, looking at the shock on their face. 

"Ms. Grant," J'onn says. 

"Supergirl, what brings you by?"

"Am I not allowed to check in on you, Ms. Grant?"

Ms. Grant smiles. 

"Kara," Supergirl says to me. 

"Yes?" I didn't know this would be part of the plan. 

"I was just at Lena Luthor's. She want's to see you, says she has information for your next article."

"Thanks," I say. I grab my stuff laying on Ms. Grant's couch. "Ms. Grant, can I go?"

"Yes. And take your two sidekicks with you," she says. 

"Right," I say and look at Mon-El and Barry. They both start making their way out. Before I leave, I look back to see Supergirl about to leave and say, "thanks, Supergirl."

"See you around, Kara." J'onn flies out the same way he came in. The three of us head back to the bar, leaving Adam and Jake stunned at the sight that took place in front of them.

"Do you think it worked?" Barry asks. 

"By the looks on their faces, I'm pretty sure," I say.

"There is still one thing," Mon-El says.

"What?" Barry and I question at the same time. 

"They might believe that you aren't Supergirl anymore but they still think that you're Marley."

"Damn it!" I say. I didn't think the whole thing through. To be honest, I'd rather that they know that I'm Marley and not Supergirl.