f o r t y - n i n e

I fly back to L-Corp and make my way to Lena's lab. 

"Did you find anything?"

"As a matter of fact, I did. Mon-El's allergy is increasing slowly. Since he's been exposed to the yellow sun, it's slowing down the effect the lead should have on him. If I can isolate the cells that have been exposed to the lead, and remove it, he will no longer be allergic to it. In the meantime, I have also been working on a way to rid the Earth of the lead atmosphere altogether."

"Did you find a way?

"Yes. I can use the same technology I used to create the lead bomb but this time I can encase it with air so the current lead in the air will be pushed out of Earth's atmosphere."

"How long do you need?" I ask. 

"I'll need an hour," she says. 

"Okay," I say. 

I make my way to Mon-El. "Hey, you doing okay?" I ask. 

"I could be better," he says with a chuckle. "I'm just afraid, I'm afraid of losing you again," he says. 

"Hey, look at me. You're not going to lose me, ever," I say. We both smile. As Lena works on the air bomb, I sit next to Mon-El in a comfortable silence. 

Barry: I hope Mon-El is fine. 

Alex: Yeah. You should have been here when the Daxamites attacked and Mon-El almost left.

Ryder: I think I should leave.

Alex: And if you-

Ryder: I know. I promise Kara's secret is safe with me. I'll make sure we leave tomorrow. 

Clark: I'm sure Lena will find some way to help him. 

Alex: I really hope so.

"It's done," Lena says. 

"Really? Okay, now what do we do?" I ask while rushing by her side. 

"I just have to push this button," she says. She pushes the button and steps back. 

I hear Mon-El breathe heavily, holding his chest. "Mon-El!" I run towards him. 

His breaths start to even out. "I'm fine, I'm fine," he says. 

Lena walks to us and asks me to move. "Didn't you do it?"

"Yeas, but I need to make sure it worked," she takes a syringe and places it on Mon-El. It breaks into microscopic pieces. "Yeah, it worked."

I don't care that Lena is here, I walk back to him and kiss him on the lips, holding him close to me. 

I pull away and smile at him. "I told you, you're not going to lose me," I say and smile through my tears. 

"Can I ask what's going on?" Lena speaks up from behind us. 

I turn around and look at her. "I've kept my identity safe from so many people, but when it comes down to losing someone you love, you don't have a choice," I say to her. "I'm sorry for lying to you, Lena," I say. 

"What are you trying to say, Supergirl?" 

"I'm trying to tell you that I'm not just Supergirl, I'm also your friend," I say. 

"Kara?" Lena asks while walking closer. I slowly nod.

"Yeah," I say. 

"I hope you know that me not telling you was nothing personal. You're my best friend and I didn't want to hurt you, I'm sorry Lena."

Lena just nods. "I understand, but please, no more secrets," she says. 

"No more secrets," I say in agreement and smile. I pull her in for a hug and smile. "I'm so happy you know about me now," I say. 

I walk back over to Mon-El. "Ready to go back?"

"Yeah. Thank you, Ms. Luthor, your help was very much appreciated," he says. I just laugh. 

"You're very welcome," Lena smiles and crosses her arms in front her. 

"Let's go," I say. "Thanks, Lena, for saving his life."

"Of course, Supergirl," she smiles. 

I hold onto Mon-El and fly back to my loft.