e p i l o g u e

I crash on my couch as Barry speaks. "Looks like you powered through. Only one person left, knowing who you are."

"Yeah. But I can trust him," I say, surely. 

"If you say so, I mean we could have used the memory gun on him," he shrugs. 

I just shake my head. "By the way, I'm really glad you guys are here. It's not going to be the same when you leave," I say to Barry, Cisco, Caitlin, and Iris. 

"We're gonna miss you too," Barry comes and hugs me. 

"Group hug," Cisco says. Team Flash all come in for a hug. 

"I love you guys," I smile. 

I use the device Cisco made me and open a portal for them. They all turn around one last time before walking through. 

I lean my head on Mon-El and sigh, "It's gonna be so quiet here now," I say. 

"It's been a long day, let's get some rest and then go out. I have a surprise for you," he says and kisses my cheek.

"A surprise?" I question. 

"Mhmm, now, get some rest and then get ready. While you were talking to Barry, I laid out clothes for you to wear on your bed," he says. 

I smile, "our bed."

"That's what I meant," he chuckles. 

I quickly walk into the bathroom and take a quick shower and walk out with a towel wrapped around my body. I look around and see that Mon-El isn't in the loft. I quickly change, using my super speed and stand in front of the mirror, admiring the dress.

I baby pink dress made of lace fabric going down to my knees. It's gorgeous, absolutely stunning. A silver bracelet on my right hand matching the silver clutch purse. I look at the heels. They are also baby pink and have straps. 

why would Mon-El do all of this? I look in the mirror one last time before grabbing my phone and keys. I put my things in the clutch and leave my loft, heading downstairs.

I see Mon-El with a suit. 

"Mon-El, what is all of this?" I ask, pointing to my outfit. 

"Do you not like it?" He asks with a worried expression. 

"No, Mon-El, I love it, it's absolutely gorgeous. But, why?"

"You'll see," he says. "You look stunning, Kara, if you didn't know that already. I mean, you're always stunning but I just, I mean," he starts to stumble on his words. I laugh, stopping him with a kiss. 

"Thank you," I say. "You look very handsome," I blush. 

"Let's go," he says with a smile. He grabs my hand which is not holding my purse and we walk along the street. 

"Mon-El, please tell me where we're going," I plead. 

"You are no fun, Kara. Leave some things a surprise at least," he sighs. 

"Okay, fine, I'm sorry," I give up. 

We walk for ten minutes until we walk into the park behind Noonan's. Christmas lights leading up to the brightly light gazeebo. 

"You did all of this?" I ask, tears threatening to fall. 

"Of course I did. I love you so much, Kara," he says. We continue to walk until we step on the gazebo. A table for two set up in the middle with two glasses of champagne. 

"You know, I'd prefer if we don't get drunk tonight," I say with a chuckle. 

"Don't worry, I'll make sure of that."

Mon-El pulls out a chair and gestures for me to sit. I sit down and smile. 

"How did you do all of this, Mon-El?"

"Well, I talked to the woman who works at Noonan's and asked her if I could rent out the gazebo for a night. It wasn't too difficult to arrange," he says. 

"You are the sweetest person, you know that?" I smile at him. 

"I do now," he smiles back. 

Kitty: Jake, what are we doing here?

Jake: See, Marley's there, with the Mike guy. 

Kitty: Are we still following her? Look, we know she's Marley and she's made her feelings perfectly clear, let's go, Jake. 

Jake: No. I want to hear what they're talking about.

Kitty: Ryder and the others will leave without us. I'm sorry, Jake, I'm leaving.

Mon-El takes my hand and starts talking. 

"Kara, I don't know what to say, there are so many things I want to tell you right now but my mind is really clouded. You're the strongest person I know. Selfless, brave, and you're always putting other's needs before your own and I so admire you for that. 

I know when I first came to Earth, I was reckless, selfish and constantly lied to you about who I really am. I was always unaware of my behaviors towards you and I disrespected you countless of times. I'm trying to say, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being a jackass and not listening to you. 

I don't know how you found it in yourself to forgive me, but I am so thankful. I am trying so hard and will continue to be the man you thought I could be. I don't know what I would do without you, Kara Zor-El. 

You are my kryptonite. My feelings for you, they continue to grow every time I look at you. I don't know what I ever did to deserve someone like you in my life and I want to continue to make you happy. I want to be the person you come home to every day for the rest of our lives. 

On Daxam, we had mates chosen for us at birth. You're my mate, Kara. You're all I need to breathe.

Kara Zor-El, will you be my mate and marry me?"

I don't know how long I've been crying for anymore. 

"Mon-El, you are my prince and I love you so much. I don't know what else to say except, yes, Mon-El, I'll be your mate, I'll marry you!"

Mon-El gets up from his seat and spins me around. He places a gentle kiss on my lips and continues to look into my eyes. 

"I love you, Kara."

"I love you too, Mon-El."

Mon-El takes a step back and takes velvet box out of his pocket. 

"On Daxam, once you were mated, you had to make a ring for your mate. I made this one for you. It's a rare stone that was only ever on Daxam and Krypton. I went to the DEO and asked Alex if I could take a look in the pod which brought me here. I found grains of stones from when Daxam was getting hit by the larger masses. This stone is called Harun-El, it's a precious black rock."

Mon-El opens the box, revealing a silver band with the Harun-El embedded into it. I look up at Mon-El, tears pouring out of my eyes. 

I watch as he takes the ring out of the box and carefully slides it on my ring finger. 

I admire the ring longingly before pulling Mon-El into another kiss. 

We spend the rest of the night, eating our meal and drinking the champagne. 

"Thank you, for everything, all of this," I say to him again.

We walk, hand in hand, back to our loft and walk over to the couch. 

I sit down and watch Mon-El turn on the TV. 

"Really? Right now?" I ask. 

"Just for a minute," he smiles. 

I sit on the couch with Mon-El but my attention turns to the TV when I hear shocking news. I turn up the volume and listen intently.

"Our source claims to know the true identity of the Girl of Steel herself. Jake Puckerman, what can you tell us about Supergirl?"

I gasp as I listen to the TV. This isn't happening.

End Date: 10 June 2018