t w e n t y - n i n e

"I have a day before I have to get back to work at Catco," I say to Mon-El in the morning. "Hopefully Adam will be gone and we won't have to deal with him anymore."

"Yeah, well why don't you enjoy your last day off by spending it with me and your off-world friends," he says. 

"That sounds perfect," I reply and open the apartment door. We leave for the bar. 

"Hey, guys," Mon-El and I say at the same time. 

We receive a lot of 'hi' and hey' as a reply. I did remember that I wanted to talk to Barry in private. "Um, Barry, can we talk?"

"Yeah, sure," he says and gets up from his seat. 

"You up for a walk?"

"Wait, so no running?" He questions with a pout. 

"We'll be back soon, guys," I say over my shoulder. The two of us walk out of the bar and onto the streets. 

Adam: Who is she with? When I told her that Mike dude was bad for her, I didn't think she'd actually leave him. 

Ryder: Calm down, will you. I think that's one of her friends, the one in her apartment when we went over, remember?

Adam: Oh, yeah. What do you think they're doing here?

Ryder: To be honest with you, I don't care. I'm going to spend time with mom. When you're done stalking your ex and mom's assistant, come find me. 

"You've got to be kidding me," I say under my breath as we walk along the street. 

"What, is everything okay?"

"Adam seems to always find out where I am. I just overheard his conversation with Ryder. He really needs to stop trying."

"What are we gonna do?"

"We aren't going to do anything. I'm going to," I say. 

"Oooh, this is going to be epic," he whispers. All I do is look at Barry. 

"If he gets any closer, he'll get what he came for," I say. 

I use my x-ray vision and look into the bar and see Mon-El, along with the others, looking through the window, at us. 

"Okay, Barry, I want you to bump into him accidentally, that will probably set him off," I say. 

"You think so?"

"We'll see," I say. 

Barry and I walk down the street, towards Adam and I remember I came here to talk to Barry. "So, I wanted to talk to you about you and Iris."

"Okay," he says. 

"How are you guys doing? Answer honestly," I say. 

"We're okay. After you left that night with Mon-El and J'onn I proposed to her," he says. 

"Did she say yes?"

"Of course she did, I mean who wouldn't?"

"you got me," I say. We both laugh. 

"What about you and Mon-El? After what Adam said to him."

"I told Mon-El to not take what Adam said seriously but I still think that Mon-El is having doubts in himself, that he isn't good enough for me. And I don't know what to do, I love him and I can't lose him. You know, I'm finally with someone who understands me and loves me for who I am, despite our differences," I say. 

I lose track of where we are going and Barry actually bumps into Adam accidentally. 

"Well, looks like you took my advice and left Mike, was it?" Adam says looking at Barry. 

"He's just a friend," I say while gritting my teeth. I quickly turn and see that Mon-El and the others are still watching us. 

"A friend who still hasn't apologized for bumping into me."

"I'm sorry, but I believe that it was you who wasn't watching your step," Barry says. 

I notice Adam's hand going in to punch Barry in the stomach so I quickly push Barry aside, causing Adam's fist to hit my stomach.