f i f t e e n

After lunch, I tell Mon-El that I'll catch up with him later and go back to Catco to see if Ryder is back yet and to finish my report. 

I see the entire gang running up to me. "Hey, guys is everything okay?"

"Kara, we need to tell you something, it's about Mon-El," Ryder says. 

"What is it?"

"Well, we were coming back from lunch and we saw Mon-El jump onto a tall building like literally, jump," Jake says. I don't know what to say. 

"There must be some mistake, how could Mon-El do something like that? I don't know what you guys are trying to imply, but moving on, your mom messaged me, she's spending tomorrow with you. As for the rest of you, you can either stay here at Catco or tour the city," I say in one breath. "I have to run to get an interview but I'll be back soon," I say and walk to the exit. 

I go to the back alley and fly towards the DEO. 

Jake: Let's go to that building and see what happens.

Kitty: Yeah, let's go guys. 

I go behind the DEO and walk in front of the building, where I texted Mon-El to meet me. 

"Hey," Mon-El says while walking out of the building. 

"Mon-El, did you jump into the building today morning?"

"Um, yes?"

"Mon-El, Ryder and the others saw you and I just said that that's insane to save your ass. You can't do this stuff, especially when the group is here. Wait for them to leave and then do whatever you want, okay, there's just too much going on and you know I'm not good at lying," I say to him with a serious face. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't know they would be in this area, what were they doing here in the first place?"

"Ryder told me they would just walk around the city and then eat," I say. "Why?"

"It just seems that they are following me," he says. 

"You think so?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure," he says, "we'll have to keep an eye on them."

"You don't have to worry about tomorrow, Ms. Grant is spending the entire day with Ryder and I thought that maybe we could contact Barry to come visit us?"

"That sounds good, we haven't seen him in a long time since I lied to you about, you know," he says quietly. 

"Yeah, I do," I say. 

"Anyways, come on, we are not needed at the DEO until Alex says so, so you go back to my apartment and I'll be going back to work," I say. I kiss him on the cheek and walk back to Catco. 

Jake: We just missed her. 

Ryder: But how? She couldn't have been faster than us and they've already talked and everything? That doesn't seem right.

Jake: She does seem to get around pretty quickly. 

Ryder: We just need to figure out how she does it.