f i v e

I get to the middle of the square, only to find an alien with a heat vision eyepatch. That's new. I walk towards him and hit him in the stomach, he flies backward and hits the ground but gets back to his feet and fires his laser at me, I stop it with my hand and continue to walk towards him. 

I get close enough and use my other hand to grab the eyepatch and hold my hand until his eyes burn and he collapses. 

"J'onn, we need an alien cleanup in aisle six," I laugh and fly back to Catco. I decide not to change and fly towards the balcony. I'm only doing this because I'm curious about what the Glee club will think of Supergirl. Hopefully, they won't recognize me as Kara or Marley. 

I fly right by them and into Cat's office. 

"Ms. Grant, hi," I say. 

"Supergirl? Do we have a ten o'clock?" Ms. Grant asks and looks at her phone. 

"No, I just came in because I had time and wanted to see you, because, you know," I don't know what excuse to give. 

"Mom, how do you know Supergirl?" Ryder comes in, with the others following behind him. 

"Supergirl, this is my son, Ryder," she says. 

"Oh, I didn't know you had another son, I only ever met Carter," I say. 

Ryder looks and at me and then at his mom. "Carter got to spend time with Supergirl? That's not fair," he says and crosses his arms around in front of him.

"Actually, it wasn't like that," I interrupt, "Carter was on a train Maxwell Lord created and when the bomb was about to go off, Carter was on the train so he and Mr. Lord helped me get everyone to the back of the train."

"Oh my god, then what happened?" He asks. 

"Well, the front of the train blew up," I say and laugh a little. 

"Hmm," he says. 

"Wow, I'm talking to Supergirl," he says and smiles. 

I smile at him. "Well, Ms. Grant, I'll be back soon. Oh, I saw your assistant, Kara grabbing your lunch, thought I should let you know," I say. 

"If I could, I would hire you as my assistant," Ms. Grant smiles and closes the door of her office. 

I look at her and then around me. Kitty, Artie, and Jake stare at me and Jake says, "you look familiar."

"Well, I wouldn't know but it was nice meeting you. Maybe I'll see you again, Ryder," I say and go to the balcony and fly into the alley behind Catco.