t h i r t y - t w o

Barry and I reach Catco fairly quickly and take the elevator up. "I'll start by showing you where I work," I say to him. 

"Aren't you Ms. Grant's assistant?"

"I'm her assistant but I'm also a reporter now," I say. 

"Congrats," he says. 

I don't have anything with me so I don't need to put my stuff away. I walk to my desk and point at it, "This is where I sit and do my reporting and assist Ms. Grant."

I look through the glass doors and see Ms. Grant is in the middle of a meeting with James and some other people to discuss this month's issue of the magazine. 

"Come on, I'll take you to L-Corp," I say. 

I see Ryder and his friends in the corner but they don't seem to notice me. Jake, however, is looking directly at me like a target. I wonder what's wrong with him. If only I could read minds. 

I shrug off the weird feeling and walk with Barry to L-Corp. 

"Kara, it's been a long time since we sang together, maybe we could have a karaoke night at the bar and we can sing our song for our friends, I think it'll be fun," he says while laughing. 

"I guess. It's about time Cisco heard your angelic voice," I smile. 

we continue to walk until we reach L-Corp. The assistant outside Lena's office gets up and opens Lena's door. "Ms. Danvers is here."

She keeps the door open for us and sits back in her seat. 

Barry and I walk in and see Lena sitting behind her desk with an iPad in front of her. 

"Kara! It's been a while. Who is this?" She looks at Barry. 

"Lena, this is my friend, Barry Allen," I say. 

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. Allen," she says. "Where's Mon-El?"

"He's at work right now. Barry is in town for some time so I'm just showing him around and introducing him to my friends."

"How long are you in town, Mr. Allen?"

"Just a few more days, I have work piled up back in Metropolis. I'm a CSI," he says. I told Barry to say Metropolis so people aren't too suspicious. 

"Well, you're always welcome here. It was nice seeing you, Kara, Mr. Allen," she says with a smile. 

"See you soon, Lena," I say and close the door behind me. "See, nothing like her brother," I say softly to Barry. 

"Let's get ready for our Kara-oke night," Barry laughs. 

"Yeah, let's go."

Jake: I overheard her and Barry talking about having a karaoke night at that alien bar. 

Adam: Kay, that's good. Now, all we have to do is show up there and see what happens from there. 

Jake: Yeah, okay. I'll invite Ryder and the others as well. I mean we are technically the Glee club so they wouldn't want to miss a night of singing and dancing. 

Adam: Yeah, sure. Kara needs to stop messing with so many guys, it's disgusting. Why can't she just settle for one of them? Do you even think that Mon-El knows about her and Barry?

Jake: Let's not make it more complicated than it already is, okay?