Chapter 7 - Unusal friendship

The next morning I got woken up by my phone ringing. It was just 6 am. Who would call me at this time ? I grabed my phone from the bedside table and took a glimpse at the Caller ID. It was my work phone so who could that be? I debated whether to pick up or not. No harm in checking who is calling me.. it might be important.

"Hello, A.J?", someone asked unsure at the other end of the line. It was a man.

"Yes? May I ask who this is?", I asked in return.

My voice still sounded a bit husky from waking up. I got out of bed and started to walk to the kitchen while wating for an answer.

"It is me Taeyang. From Big Bang. Did I just wake you up?", he asked with a slight tone of guilt.

I laughed, "Yeah, but don't worry. I had to get up anyway for the meeting with YG. Any reason you called?".

I could hear that he was driving.

He paused and said: "I wanted to pick you up from your place. We could go together to the office. I am near your area anyway so I asked YG for your number and he gave me it... Hope that is ok?".

"It's fine don't worry... But why are you even here in the area?", I asked him while I started to clean up the living room a bit.

I just rememered that I told him where I live yesterday because we got to talk about interior and stuff like that.

"I am dropping of my fiance close by", he replied laughing.

I could sense that he was lying but I didn't confront him with that.

"Oh I see. Well my meeting is at 10am so there is still time for that", I told him.

"Great. I don't have to be in the office till 11am myself. Do you wanna grab breakfast then?", he asked.

I paused. He is engaged and people might think this would be not right. I mean he is a very nice guy and if I would let people in my life than maybe we could be friends.

"I am not sure...I mean people might get a wrong impression and you are engaged aswell. Your fiance might get a wrong impression of me or so", I said serious.

Suddenly I could hear someone, a female voice, laughing and Taeyang laughed too. Shit, why did he not tell me that she is in the car aswell. I was embarassed and blushed.

"Aww you are really cute A.J. Don't worry about me. You can have breakfast together. I mean you are a good friend of Taeyang. I have never seen him so happy about making a new friend. Also it is sort of my fault that we missed breakfast so sorry that he is bothering you with that?", she said.

"See I told you that my fiance is the best. So what do you say now?", he asked in a high pitched voice.

Like a brother teasing his sister.

"You could have told me that she is in the car. Hello, it is nice to meet you unnie. Taeyang oppa was praising you alot yesterday. Oppa, I guess we can have breakfast then. Since we have alot of time I will make some food here. I really don't want to be in the newspaper headlines because of you. This might also not be very good press for YG. But just when your fiance is fine with that", I said in a serious tone.

"Of course I do not mind it but now I am jealous that you cook for him. I want to eat your food too", she said in a childish tone.

"Next time I wil cook lots and lots of food just for you unnie ok?", I replied to her laughing.

"Deal! I hope that we meet soon. You seem to be a sweetheart. From now on I am your big sister. So when there is anything you want to talk about just call me. Taeyang will give you my number", she said with a gentle voice.