Chapter 20 - Loop

The next day was similar to the day before. I woke up, organised food for them, we drove to all of their houses and picked up enough clothes for the next days and went to the hospital. Watching them all in that room next to TOP. It seemed like all the hope and happiness they all radiated was gone and will never come back. The only difference was that TOP was sleeping and they were sleep walking. While I was at the hospital I did all the work I needed to do get done, mostly E-Mails and other paper work. The rest of the guys were there starring into nothing or sleeping. G was sat next to me the whole time leaning on my shoulder. Around lunch time I went out to get some food for all of us including TOPs parents, the nurses, and Doc who took care of him 24/7. The nurses and Doc were really grateful for the food. The rest just picked on their food and they all needed to be scolded to eat. For them I functioned. No room for getting emotional and getting sucked into the grief side they were in.

Suddenly I got an E-Mail about a change about my schedule. My meeting with GOT7 was pushed to today in the evening. I had no choice. Walking out the hospital I called the only person where I could be me and ask for help... Simon D. I felt like I burdened them a lot these days, him and J, but they assured me that I could call anytime. The phone rang two times and he picked up.

"What is up A.J? Any news?", he asked immediately.

"No Oppa. Still the same", I said weakly.

"I can come and take the shift. You have a meeting right?", he said in a rush.

I was surprised that he combined that so quickly but I was also confused. I exhaled long. I was tired but I could not let that get to me. He hung up and I just sat outside waiting. By now I had clothes in the back of the car to transform to A.J the producer. I grabbed the clothes and quickly got changed into some see-though tights, black dungarees, white chucks, a black long sleeved shirt, a black bomber jacket, a black cap, my black mask and some reflecting pilot glasses. My circles under the eyes were big and the concealer did not cover all up. I let my hair down loose because I could not be bothered to do anything to it. I walked back to my car and put my clothes into the car booth.

The night was not too cold today and outside I felt like I could breathe. Seeing them all so dull and TOP sleeping was suffocating. Then I saw a familiar car pull up and Simon jumped out of it. He had spotted me right away and greeted me.

"Have you been waiting long in the cold? You will catch a cold and then no one can look after them!", he scolded me to which I just simply nodded.

Simon walked ahead of me to TOPs room and he greeted everyone. He took my seat on the couch and I grabbed my things.

"I have a meeting. I will be back in a few hours. Simon will drop you off at mine and I will see you all there ok", I said giving them all a quick hug and left.

On my way to my car I checked the address and I was surprised to find out that it was an apartment number. So the meeting is at their dorm. I typed the address into my Satnav and took off. Li, Young Lee, Mc Jin, Lay and Haba texted me daily checking in on me. They were worried but I told that that I would inform them if there is any news. I could not handle that at the moment. I was busy taking care of my family and functioning. I needed to function. Soon I arrived at the address and texted JB that I am downstairs. He told me that I could park my car on their parking space since their cars were in the garage and their manager was out for dinner. I parked the car, grabbed my work bag, and made my way to the elevator. JB said floor 3 and apartment number 8.

I collected all my rest energy for this meeting. It is work and something I was dreaming of my whole life. Under different circumstances I would be happy and excited but now I feel burdened. Quickly I fixed my cap and mask and rang the bell. I could hear someone yell inside and people running around. The door was soon opened by JB himself.