Chapter 23 - Consequences

I found myself in a bed. It was comfortable and I could smell roses. It felt like heaven. I did not want to wake up from this. I did not want to get back to my life. Living these days was hard. It surely was. Then I remembered this voice I have been looking for my whole life and the beauty and pain it radiated. Thinking of it made me smile. Then in a distance I could hear a very quiet noise. Someone was breathing heavy. Who was it? I opened my eyes and it was a blur at first. My body felt heavy. I saw Simon sitting on a chair next to my bed. He was working.

"Ah you are awake", he said coldly.

"What are you doing here Oppa?", I asked confused since he was in my bedroom.

He had not looked up yet from his screen and continued to work.

"My shift in taking care of you", he said coldly again.

"I see", I whispered.

He was angry about something. His tone was the same on the phone. What happened? What did I do? I sat up from by bed and looked at him. It was tiring to move but I needed to clarify this now.

"What is your problem Oppa?", I asked him.

He just exhaled but he did not answer. I had enough so I closed his laptop which made him look at me in disbelief.

"I want an answer", I said confidently.

His body was trembling because of his anger. I could see it.

"YOU! I thought we were friends but I feel like you just call me when you need something from me. It feels like a one way street. I really try hard to understand you. Before I met you I was happy with my life as it is but you showed me a future that I would never imagine in my wildest dreams.. I am sick of this..", he ranted.

He was right. But he was a close friend for me and his words cut like a knife through me. I warned them all. I disappoint people. I always have. I wanted to stay a lone wolf to avoid this.

"I am sorry. You are right. I was not fair. So I can understand it completely when you want to end this friendship now...", I said choked up.

He looked at me confused, then angry and got up and left. I heard people talking in the living room and the front door closed. I am a horrible human being. I stared at the wall opposite to me. I wish I could do something right. TOP would have an answer to this. I miss him. So tired of all this. I called YG. It was late but I needed to talk to him.

"A.J. How can I help?", he said on the other line. I could hear him typing so I assumed he was in the office.

"Sir I am calling to inform you that I have a fever. I would like to ask for 2 weeks off. I will continue to work on the projects but no more meetings. I need to focus on my health. Is that ok?", I asked unsure about his reaction.

He stopped typing.

"That is unusual for you. I guess you need a break huh? Ok since you done so well I will cancel all the meetings and re-schedule. You need to call Haba though about the recordings. I am not sure if that can be cancelled. Inform me about the outcome ok? Take care and I will see you soon", he said and hung up.

I dialled Habas number and he picked up immediately.

"Ah Oppa. I have a request. Is it possible that I can take two weeks off from the recording? I have a fever and need a little break..", I explained.

"A.J.. hmm I guess two weeks is fine. I will talk with the others. But after that you need to come back ok? The show is not the same without you. Take care ok. If there is anything I can do for you let me know", Haba replied and hung up.