Chapter 15 - AOMG

I tried hard to study their faces while they listened to the demo. When I started out I never got to see a live reaction. This was new for me, cool but also nerve wracking. Gray looked at ChaCha who smiled. Simon D was nodding his head and Hoddy was just listening with a concentrated face. The song ended and J was now sitting down and his face expression changed. He was thinking very hard about something. No one said a word and they all looked at me then J.

Simon broke the silence and asked: "Is that you on the track?".

He looked at me questioning and I just nodded. J still did not say anything. Was is really that bad? It was different to what they do I guess and my lead was not perfect.

"Do not think too much about this? I just wanted to show you the tracks that you guys inspired ", I said while closing my laptop.

"I think I have found my mentor", Gray said which suprised me.

"I feel flattered but I think you are better than me..", I said smiling weakly at him. It was true. Many artist work with Gray and he is one of the best in this industry. Simon D calls him his genie.

"You do not realize your potential do you?", Gray said confused. Now I got really confused but their reaction.

J stood up and faced his crew.

"Can you guys give us some room please. Hyung, ChaCha and Gray can stay", he said in a serious tone. It was fascinating that he can be just a normal man at times and then act like a CEO of a multi billionair company the next minute. He is indeed a natural leader. Everyone expect the ones he named left the room. Now everyone took a seat on the couch and no one said anything for a while.

"How long did this take you...to make this track?", ChaCha asked which made us all turn our heads to where he was sitting.

I thought about it for a bit and then answered: "All in all, lyrics, track, demo... I would say 1 hr".

Grays eyes widened by my response.

"You are joking right?", Simon D said laughing.

"No Oppa, I am not..",I said with a death serious face.

"Is this the only one you made?", Gray asked.

It was not the only one. In fact I wrote another one for Simon. He hated me anyway so playing this will not make it worse.

"Well I did write like 5 songs on total. 3 for J and 2 for Simon... that was before I knew who they were. I went with the vibe they send off", I said.

Simon was now leaning forward and stared at me.

"I have my personal unbeatable genie. You can never write anything that is better than him", he said glaring at me.

Since he basically asked for it I opened my laptop again.

"Let me hear it live. Since you did the lead this should not be a problem", Simon said with a big smirk on his face. Again someone who wanted to test me.

J was now glaring as his partner and sighed.

"We should go into my studio. The sound might be better", ChaCha said and lead us all out of the room and into his studio. It was an amazing studio. I handed my laptop to ChaCha and told him that he just needed to press play when I gave him a signal. I did had saved the track on this laptop and not any other hard drive. Gray led me into the booth and I set up my Mic.

"Hit it", I said with a winning smile to ChaCha and soon the beat captivated me. This was my happy place. The studio and I always produce music I am proud of and I will fight for it to be played and heared. I put all my emotions into this song. The song was more or less just rap with a story line. Before I knew it the song ended and I walked back into the studio.