Not Another Word

(Alice's POV)

I woke up to the sound of Ezekiel and Emma fighting. After turning my head to check the clock on my nightstand, I realized the sun is shining through the white framed window. He still has his arm wrapped around me, the same way we fell asleep last night. His eyes are still closed, but I could tell he was awake. I moved his arm off of me, and rolled out of bed. He made a groaning noise, before rolling over and putting a pillow over his face.

I giggled to myself, while wrapping a robe around myself, and slipping on my comfy shoes. That's when I realized everything is so organized, shoes on the side of the bed, and robe hanging on the wall above the nightstand. The routine was the same almost everyday, only something new was always going on. Today the twins are choosing to start the day off with a yelling match at 7 a.m.

"Why are they up so early?" He asked,' before pulling a pillow over his head.

"I have no idea, but I'll go find out," I said.

Before standing up, I leaned back, and lift up the pillow to kiss him. When I heard the kids yelling again, I rolled my eyes before finally standing up. I let out a groan while stretching, suddenly reminded of all the pain in my sore body. The training sessions I've been having with my parents, had really been wearing me out lately. No matter how hard or long I trained, they still told me it wasn't enough. I know they had several hundreds of years worth of training, but I'm still fairly new to everything.

Although, I'm not the only one training, Anna, Alex, Tate, Ali, and Aiden are also training with us. Ali and Aiden hadn't started training until recently, because they had just turned 18 this year. Aiden had aged at a rate of two years for every one year Ali aged. Ali was five years old when Aiden came into this world. By the time she was ten Aiden had caught up to her, and he had stopped aging as fast. I believe it has something to do with them being mates, but neither of them had told me anything yet.

I really couldn't blame them for keeping secrets from me, considering I still haven't told Aiden about Claire, his real mother. I'm not sure what Ali remembered from her childhood, but I do hope that she hadn't told him. When I do tell him, I want it to be the right moment. I want to tell him all the good things that I knew of her, in the short time that I had known her. Aiden always knew he isn't normal, but never knew why or how. I just want ready to tell him the truth. He is my son, and I want him to always remember that.

When my muscles relaxed, I headed toward the door. I tied my robe, and adjusted my hair into a ponytail. After taking a deep breath, I reached for the door knob. Just as I opened the door, I ran into Aiden, who was waiting on the other side. He startled me at first, but I brushed it off by smiling and shaking my head.

"I'm sorry, mom. I just came to wake you up. The twins are fighting over the bathroom, again," He said.

"Of all the thi-," I began to say, but bit my tongue. "There are four bathrooms in this mansion, and they are fighting over the same one."

I shook my head while walking down the hall, then turned right down the other hall, towards the twins' rooms. The arguing grew louder, as I approached the bathroom. When I looked inside, the twins were pushing each other. Emma is holding a black case that held hair clippers in them, and Zeke is trying to take them from her.

"Ezekiel! Emma! Quit fighting right now!" I said.

I held my hands up to both of them, using my powers, I separated them.

"I want to shower, so I can go to the arcade in town with Alec," Zeke explained.

"Mom, will you please tell him it's ladies first," Emma said, as she tried to wiggle from my grasp.

"You're not a lady! I've seen the hair on your legs," Ezekiel said with a laugh.

"Mom!" Emma yelled.

"Zeke you need to apologize to your sister," I said, as I looked at him.

"I can't help it she looks like big foot, and needs to spend an hour in the bathroom to shave every morning," He argued.

"Zeke, apologize!" I yelled.

He hesitated at first, but eventually gave in and apologized.

"Now go to the other bathroom. I need to talk to your sister, alone," I said, as I looked at Emma.

"But mom-" He said, before I interrupted him.

"Now!" I said, as I released my grip on the two of them.

"This isn't fair," He said, as he stormed out of the bathroom.

I turned around to see Aiden is still standing there. He raised his eyebrows, while nervously itching the back of his neck.

"Aiden will you go talk to your brother?" I asked him.

He didn't say a word, just nodded, then walked away. I turned my attention back to Emma, who was crying. She just stared at the floor, and wouldn't look at me. I touched the side of her face, but she pulled away.

"Emma, sweetie, tell me what's wrong," I said to her as I brushed her hair out of her face.

"Mom, I'm a freak. I must be the only girl in 7th grade that has crazy hair growing everywhere. I cant even wear shorts or a nice dress, without having to wear leggings under them. Why am I like this?" She asked.

She sobbed while looking through the pictures she took on her cellphone. When she found them, she showed me pictures of the girls who lived in the nearby town. Her hands shook with anger, the more she swiped through the photos.

"Listen, I know this is really hard for you to understand, but you know were not normal. We are special," I said, as I took her hands into mine.

"I don't want to be special. I want to be normal!" She yelled, before running out of the bathroom.

I tried to follow her, as she ran down the hall, but stopped when we ran into Ceciellia and Tate. She hugged Ceciellia, and Tate gave me a concerned look. I threw my hands in the air, before turning and heading back to the room. I tried slamming the door shut, but someone caught it.

I didn't bother to turn around, because I already knew it was him. He took me into his arms, and I began to cry. It hurt me, just thinking that my own children hate me. I mean it may not be so much as hate, but more of a resentment for making them the way they are. As if it were my fault.

"They don't hate you, Alice. You're their mother. They're at that age, where their abilities are changing them physically and emotionally. It's not your fault," Tate said, as he turned me to face him.

"With Aiden it was so easy. I don't know why I'm having so many troubles with the twins," I said, as I looked up at him.

"Aiden is different, he's not like them. Soon he is going to realize that, and we're going to have to tell him," He said with a sigh.

"No, I can't. Not yet. I don't want to lose him. He's mine, too," I said pulling away from him.

Just then a knock came at the door. Tate and I both turned our heads towards the door, only to see Aiden standing outside it. I quickly wiped away my tears, and smiled at him.

"Everything okay?" He asked concerned.

I looked at Tate before answering.

"Yeah, everything's fine, sweetie. How's your brother and sister?" I asked after looking back at him.

"Grandma Ceciellia took care of Emma. Aiden is in the shower," He said.

"Okay, good. We'll be out in a minute," I said.

I waited until he left, then turned my attention back to Tate.

"Alice-" He said, as he tried to touch my face.

"No! Not another word," I said, before leaving the room.

(Pic is of the twins Emma and Ezekiel)