A Miracle

(Luna's POV)

Ceciellia poured me a glass of Moscato

Ceciellia poured me a glass of Moscato. After the night I had, I could definitely use a drink. I was ripped right out of sleep, by the howling of my daughter Willow. Just as I went to check on her, Caleb had gotten a phone call. He rolled over in bed, and answered the phone, while I made my way to Willow's room. When I entered her room, she was standing at her window, staring out into the night sky.

"Willow, are you okay?" I asked as I touched her shoulder.

She turned to face me, her eyes were glowing a golden color. The glow faded, after she blinked her eyes. The look on her face showed confusion.

"Can you see him? The boy?" She asked as she looked back at the window.

She placed a hand on the cold glass, pressing her nose against it. I looked outside, but nothing was there, except for the view of the ocean. The waves crashing against the sand, then returning to the sparkling water. Before I could answer, Caleb came into the room. When I looked back at him, he nodded.

"We are needed," He said.

He grabbed a few of Willow's things, and stuffed them inside her book bag.
I grabbed her bag, then took her into the living room.

"Get your shoes and coat on, sweetie. You're going to meet some very special people," I said before walking away.

I helped Caleb grab a few other things that we would need, and out the door we went. I took a sip from the glass, as I waited for Caleb and Damon to join us in the kitchen. Tara came in first, followed by Caleb and Damon. He joined me by my side, and I offered him a sip of my wine. He shook his head, as he gently pushed the glass away from him.

Ceciellia threw him and Damon a beer. They guys clinked their cans, before opening them and taking big gulps. Caleb finished his first, and crushed it against his head, before tossing it into the trash bin. Damon sighed in defeat, as he sat his can down on the table.

"Better luck next time," Caleb joked as he nudged Damon's arm.

"Okay, guys, focus. We have bigger matters at hand, than to be worrying about who can chug their beer the fastest," Rain said as she sipped from her glass.

I sat my glass down on the table, and turned my attention to Ceciellia, as if I were waiting for an explanation. She stood in silence, as all eyes fell on her.

"Um, well, I'm not quite sure where to start. A lot of things are falling apart, at the moment. It all started, when Ali went missing yesterday morning. We haven't heard anything from her yet," Ceciellia stated as she began to pace the kitchen floor.

"Then what?" Damon asked as he took a seat at the table.

"Anna, well, she's not herself. I mean she is, but she isn't," Tara said as she tried to get Ceciellia to stop pacing.

"What does that even mean?" I asked in confusion.

"She was bewitched. After drinking from a bottle of wine from a gift basket left on the porch, she turned into her teenage self. Now, she is out running the town. We haven't heard anything back from her either. She needs the antidote soon, because the mandrake root is slowly poisoning her," Ceciellia said, as she check the cauldron that she had been brewing.

"Where is everyone else? Alice, Tate, Alex, Aiden, and Emrick?" Caleb asked.

I looked at him and smiled. He was a very curious person, when it came to this lifestyle. My life and all the other creatures that we cross paths with. There was something about him, that just fit in with all this craziness. I couldn't have asked for anyone better to be my mate, and the father of my child.

(Caleb's POV)

I was new to this whole concept, or at least that is what I had told Luna. My father was a very cruel man. He had sent me to boot camp when I was 13, until I was an adult. I had been training, since I could walk. He was the reason I went into the military. I was to follow in his footsteps someday. That wasn't the life for me.

I wanted nothing to do with him. He hated all creatures that weren't human. I despised him for making me watch, as he slaughtered them right in front of me. The screams of his victims remained with me all of these years. I could never become the monster that he was.

"It is in your blood. For generations, our family has been in this business. You will do it, whether you like it or not. A Slayers life is not a pleasant one. It's a thankless job, but somebody's got to do it," His last words to me, before I was shipped off into my first war.

After being in the military for 5 years, I had finally been given an honorable discharge, due to losing half my leg. I could still remember the pain I held felt that day. The day I had stepped on a landmine. I remembered soaring through the sky, as the explosion rung in my ears. I wasn't the only one who was hurt that day.

Three close buddies of mine, had risked their lives, to save me. Running straight into danger, to pull me out of the line of fire, after the explosion happened. Those same friends had came to help me in the last battle 10 years ago. One of them didn't make it...

"How can you feel pain in your leg if its not there?" David asked jokingly, as he laid in a hospital bed next to mine.

"Oh yeah how does your ass cheek feel?" Drew asked him, as he rubbed the wrapped up nub, that was left in the place of where his forearm should be.

"Doc says that I'll be able to walk, but there is a chance that I will have a slight limp," He said as he patted his injured butt cheek.

"At least, y'all still have your pretty faces," Lewis said as he wheeled himself over to our bedside.

Over half of his body, was covered in burns. He had lost his sight in his left eye. I looked down at the part of my leg, which was only half there. They had cut it off, just below my knee. Not limping wasn't an option for me.

On the bright side, we were all given options. Lewis underwent several plastic surgeries and skin therapies, but he never did get his sight back in his left eye. David walked with a cane, but from what I heard, it didn't stop him from being a beast in bed. Drew was selected to be the first person to try an experimental mechanical arm, which allowed him to be able to use both of his hands. As for me, I was given a plain old prosthetic leg. Luckily, it was eventually replaced by a new leg, thanks to Luna turning me.

It was a very long and strange process. Starting out as a tiny foot, that almost resembled a small child's foot. I remember the day Willow and I were sitting on the porch, as Luna was grilling for a cookout with her family. I was wearing a pair of shorts that came down to my knees. My tiny leg was almost completely grown. She watched in wonder, as the bones formed in my leg, and my skin stretched with it. I called for Luna, and she rushed to my side, as I tried to stand on my own. It was a miracle. I could walk again.

(Pics are of Willow and Luna)