Keep Her Safe

(Damon's POV)

It was almost midnight, when I was awakened from my sleep, by the sounds of my daughter screaming. Rain and I rushed to her room, only to find her sitting up in bed with the lights flickering. Her eyes were rolling in the back of her head. I tried to calm her down, as I kneeled by her side, but I was flung across the room. Everything began to fly around the room, as a strange wind gushed from an unknown source.

Rain ran to my side, and placed her hand on my throbbing head. I had hit it off the edge of the dresser, causing it to bleed. Our attention was brought back, when everything in the room came to an abrupt stand still. Just as quickly as it started, it had stopped. Everything dropped to the floor, and Selene laid back in her bed.

She laid there staring up at the ceiling. Rain and I slowly stood up, and walked towards her. The look in her eyes were pure sadness.

"Selene, sweetie, what's wrong?" Rain asked, as she ran her fingers through Selene's hair.

"I don't know, momma. One minute I was having the most wonderful dream, the next I was having a nightmare," She said as she finally looked at us.

"Want to talk about it?" I asked as I sat on the edge of the bed.

She sat up, and layed her head on my shoulder. I brushed the hair out of her face, mainly so I could study her eyes. The color had returned, and she no longer seemed to be in that state. She was starting to turn, and her powers were surfacing.

"I just get this feeling there is someplace we have to be. Someone needs our help," She said as she fidgeted with her fingers.

"Where do we need to be? Who needs help, Selene?" Rain asked confused.

I was just as confused as she was. We exchanged worried glances.

"You're friends. If we don't help them, they will die. I seen it, daddy. Terrible things are going to happen," She said as she looked up at me.

I looked at Rain, then nodded my head. She quickly got dressed then helped Selene pack clothes, while I packed a few things that we would need for the trip. Before leaving, I made a phone call to Luna and Caleb. If a fight is going to happen again, we were going to need all the help we could get. I grabbed the car keys, then took one last look around the house, before locking the door behind me.

Rain had already got Selene in the car, and was waiting in the passenger seat. I took the drivers seat, starting the car immediately. In the rearview mirror, I could see Selene peacefully sleeping. Hopefully, this time she actually gets some sleep. She had been having terrible nightmares for a few weeks now. I stopped keeping track of the restless nights I had spent awake, holding her so she could sleep.

She was a miracle baby. Rain had almost lost her, the night of the last fight. Sophia had struck her, causing her to hit the wall hard. If it hadn't been for Ali using Aiden's hands to heal her, we would've never become the proud parents of Selene. She was more developed and smarter than most children her age. She was also quite shy and very quiet. She was as delicate as a flower, and loved to be held, ever since she had been born. I will do whatever it takes to protect her and Rain.

(Rain's POV)

I looked out the window, watching the signs as we zoomed past them. It was going to be a long drive. We chose to live so far away, because we wanted to feel safe again. But here were are again, diving straight into harms way. My only concern right now, was to keep Selene safe. The last time I tried to keep someone safe, I had almost lost her.

I closed my eyes, and pushed the thought away. It wasn't long, before I had drifted into a deep sleep. I hadn't woke up, until we had finally arrived at the mansion. They had demolished the old burnt down mansion that Kane had built, and started from complete scratch. It took them only a year to build it, mainly because they had a lot of help and worked hard. Not to mention, magic also played a part.

After Damon turned off the car, another car pulled up behind us. As soon as we exited the car, we were greeted by an eager Luna and Caleb. I woke up Selene, and introduced her to them. Selene had the warmest smile, as she touched their faces.

"I've seen you both once, in a dream, but where is-?" Selene trailed off as she looked over to their car.

Out from the back seat, stepped a beautiful little girl. Her long hair cascading over her shoulders, and down her back. She was the perfect combination of both Luna and Caleb. I could only imagine her in her wolf form. Selene let go of my hand, and ran over to the little girl.

"Willow!" Selene said excitedly as she hugged the smiling girl.

"Selene! I was beginning to think you were imaginary," Willow said as she pulled away.

Luna and Caleb shared a confused glance with Damon and I. We were all bewildered at the two girls who have never met, but knew each other as if they were old friends. They held hands, as they walked past us, and toward the house. Luna and I followed after them, as Caleb and Damon grabbed our things from the car. Upon reaching the front of the house, I felt as if I were being watched.

I looked up to where the attic was, and could see two sets of eyes glowing in the dark, then they disappeared.
Just as the girls reached the porch, the door swung open. Standing in the doorway, was a surprised Ceciellia. Selene walked up to her and touched her hand, as she smiled up at her. Ceciellia looked up at us in confusion.

I gave her a slight smile, and nodded my head. It wasn't long, before the others came to the doorway, Tara along with three children. The one boy staring directly at Selene, and she back at him.

"It's you," Selene said with a half smile.

"I thought you'd never come," The boy said.

The children all rushed inside, and were talking as if they had all knew each other. Ceciellia moved from in front of the door, welcoming us inside. Once inside, I noticed a few people were missing. Tara showed Damon and Caleb where to take our things, as Luna and I followed Ceciellia into the kitchen for a drink.

"So, where is everyone? Is everything okay?" I asked as she handed me a wine glass full of a warm, red decadence.

The aroma filled my nostrils, and I let out a long sigh. It had been so long, since I had drank human blood. I had stuck to animal blood, because I wanted Selene to get used to it, and not have urges for a humans blood. It was my way of trying to keep her safe. She is my everything.

(Pic is of Selene)