The Lost Children - Part One

(Emrick's POV)

The ride was almost quiet. We had been down every street in town. Alice was nowhere to be found. The sky had become dark. I could tell that Tate was getting frustrated. The tension was building up in the car.

"Do you want me to drive?" Alex asked Tate.

He ignored him and looked at me through the mirror. His eyes were no longer glowing, they just looked sad.

"I want you to finish that story that you were telling me. Who is Kira? Is there anyway he could help us?" He asked as he put his eyes back on the road.

"She is what mortals would call God," I said.

He looked at me with confusion.

"God is a woman?" Alex asked.

I let out a groan.

"You're supposed to be creatures of the supernatural, and yet you know nothing about where you come from," I said as I shook my head.

"It doesn't exactly come with an instruction manual," Tate said in an irritated tone.

I smirked at him, as he narrowed his eyes at me.

"There are scrolls. They were written by Kira herself after Lucifer's decent. She knew what would happen when he fell. She watches us and knows everything," I said as I looked out the window.

We were no longer in town, but on a long highway. A very dull and poorly lit highway. Not a soul was stirring in the night.

"Where are these scrolls? If she really existed, why doesn't she stop all of this?" Tate asked.

I slapped the back of his head, and he swerved on the road. He looked at me with anger in his eyes. Just then I could see a figure in the headlights up ahead.

"Tate watch out," I said as I quickly pointed in front of us.

Tate tried to stop, but we went right through the figure standing in the middle of the road. He slammed on the breaks, almost sending me crashing through the window. Alex had hit his head on the dashboard, and Tate and I had collided heads. It wasn't until now that I realized I had been clenching my eyes shut.

When I opened them, I looked at Tate then Alex. They were alert and staring at what was in front of the car. It was a ball of light that seemed to illuminate everything it touched. When the light dimmed, I noticed a very familiar face. She was not happy.

"Uh, Emrick? Who is that?" Tate asked.

Just as he asked the question, she disappeared. I nearly jumped out of my skin, when I felt a hand on my shoulder. She was sitting next to me, wearing the same expression on her face.

"Jesus, who are you?" Alex said as he turned completely around.

"She's not Jesus. Close, but no cigar," I said.

The corner of her mouth curled into a slight smirk. She no longer looked as angry.

"Kira. My name is Kira," She said.

Tate and Alex exchanged looks, but I never took my eyes off of her. She stared right back.

"I take it the two of you know each other," Alex said.

"A very long time ago," Kira said as she broke her stare.

Alex and Tate both looked at me, as if waiting to hear an explanation. I cleared my throat and took a deep breath. This was a long time ago, but I remembered every detail. I began to tell the story, and it was almost as I was reliving that moment. The moment she came to us. The same glowing light. She had waited a long time, before showing herself to us.