Release the Beast

(Tate's POV)

The message was clear. They started a war. One that I will finish, covered in the blood of my enemies. I sat their with her in my arms, while I tried to gain my composure. When I finally was able to breath normally, I stood up with my mother in my arms.

"Tate," Alice said, as she put a hand on my shoulder.

I didn't bother to look at her, as I walked away. With my grandmother following behind me, I took my mother to the attic. She helped me lay her on the bed that sat in the middle of the room. It had curtains draped over the top of the bed frame. Before covering my mothers resting body, I kissed her cold forehead. I waited for my grandma to say her goodbyes, before back down stairs.

When we entered the living room, I grabbed my keys, and stood in front of the door. All eyes were now on me. I planned to make a speech. 

"Before we go, I have some things to say. I want to thank everyone of you, for coming here tonight. You seen what just happened. That was my mother. A woman who wanted nothing to do with this life, but she sacrificed herself by coming here tonight. That is exactly what you're all  about to do. You walk forward with us in this fight, and you may not make it out. They are fighting to kill, and so are we. I will not stop, until we win. If that is something you're not prepared do, and you no longer wish to help. Now would be the time to come forward," I said, as I held my fist to my heart.

No one moved. All was quiet, until Alice stood next to me, with her fist pressed against her heart. Soon Alex, Ceciellia, Kira, Damon, Rain, Luna, Caleb, and everyone else put a fist up to their hearts.

"We are in this, together," Emrick said.

"Together, we shall fight," Tara said as she stood next to Emrick.

"Together, we shall win," I said as a tear escaped my eye.

I raised my fist in the air, and everyone followed my motion.

"Keep your eyes peeled for the children, or any trace of them. They couldn't have gotten far," I said, as I opened the door.

"I'm coming, too," Aiden said, as he appeared from the back of the crowd.

"No, Aiden. That's exactly what he wants. Besides, you were just hit by a car," Alice said, as she placed a hand on his cheek.

"He is my father. I will deal with him. I'm going whether you like it or not, Alice," He said.

The room grew quiet. I could tell it hurt Alice, that he called her by her name instead of mother. As the tears swelled in Alice's eyes, Aiden's face showed regret. He may not be Alice's son, but she raised him since the day he was born. There was no denying her that.

"Aiden, I suggest you apologise to her. She has raised you from the time you born, and is the only mother you have. I just lost my mother. Don't take Alice for granted," I said bluntly.

"No, he's right," Alice began to say, before looking at Aiden, "You may not be my son by blood, but I will always love you as my own. You are still family regardless. You're my mother's half brother."

"What?" He asked in a confused tone.

"It's a long story. We will explain everything later. Right now we have Anna and the children to search for, as well as saving Ali," I said.

"Wait, Anna's missing, too?" He asked.

"Yes, she accidentally drank a potion that turned her into her teenage self. She ran away earlier," Alex said.

"If that's the same Anna I ran into earlier, some woman named Sarah took her," Aiden said.

"Sophia," Alice said under her breath.

"Let's go, now," I said.

Within a few moments, we filed out of the front door. Kira, along with Celestial and the other angels, released their wings. I watched in awe, as they lifted up into the night sky.

In my car was Alice, Alex, Damon, and Rain. Luna, Caleb, his friends, and her parents, all gathered in their hippy van. Tara, Emrick, Raven, and Baldassare rode in my grandmother's van, along with Cora, Lilly, and Helena. Behind us was the vampires, who are in a biker gang, revving their engines. Aiden, Ezra, Malachi, and Tia rode on the backs of the motorcycles. The fairy queen, Fayette, and her fairy followers, were floating in the air with the angels.

I waited for Celestial's signal. She looked down at me, before nodding her head, and flying north. I put my car into drive, and put the pedal to the floor. Alice sat back in her seat, clutching it as she put her seat belt on.

"Hey, I know this probably isn't the right time for this, but Alice I have to tell you something," Alex said.

My eyes met his in the rear view mirror. Alice looked at me in confusion, then back at him.

"You sure this can't wait?" She asked.

"No. I'm going to need help telling her this. You're her best friend. There is a reason for that," Alex said.

"Why are you talking in riddles. Spit it out Alex!" Alice said, as she held onto the bar, while I rounded a turn.

"You're not the only one who comes from a higher power. Anna's real parents are angels. Celestial and Elijah. I know how you came into the care of that woman. The angels made that woman's husband crash their car. He was killed on impact. That woman gave birth to a dead child. As for Anna's fake mother, she gave birth to an underdeveloped baby. She was selling her body to a drug dealer. So, Celestial and Elijah swapped Anna with the dead child," He said, as he tried to keep himself from hitting his head off the window.

"Why are you telling me this? How long did you know?" Alice asked.

"Anna is your protector. She was sent here to keep you safe. That is the reason the two of you are so close. You share a special bond. I'm going to need your help to break the news to her. You're the only person she will trust. Especially with the state she is in right now," He said.

I nodded my head and bit my bottom lip, as I fought back tears. They have all lost their parents, but were given a second chance. A chance I will never get. I will never get my mother back, and who knows where my father is. This was so dangerous, and she knew that it was. She warned me so many times. It didn't make sense. My mother was so careful. She would never trust another being, especially one she didn't know personally.

Something was fishy. I didn't like this. A knot formed in my stomach, but I fought the pain. I was determined to finish this. Nothing was going to stand in my way of vengeance. Tonight I will release the beast.

(Pic is of Tate)