Disappeared

(Ali's POV)

After I ran out of the study, I decided to get a bath. I needed it to clear my mind. As I headed to the bathroom, I ran into my father.

"Ali is everything okay?" He asked as he touched my shoulder.

"Yes, father," I said to him through my mind.

"Are you sure?" He asked persistently.

"Yes, dad, just please leave me alone," I said as I went past him.

He didn't bother to chase after me. I was finally alone in the bathroom, standing in front of the mirror. My breathing slowed down, and my body relaxed. While I ran the water, I decided to add som bubbles. Once the water had filled up the tub, I turned it off and undressed.

I stepped into the water, and fully submerged my body. With my eyes shut tight, I surrounded darkness and silence. I was finally able to relax. It was so peaceful. That was until I felt as if I was being held under. I opened my eyes, only to see two silhouettes kneeling over me.

Frozen in fear, unable to move, I just listened. I could hear their whispers. They were calling to me. Their voices becoming clear, as I entered their minds. Both familiar essences.

"Poor defenseless, Ali," Her voice mocked me.

"You weren't much of a fight then, and you're still not good enough now," The other one said.

I tried my hardest not to struggle, and to hold as much air in as I had left. It was like a punch straight to the stomach. My veins burned and my head throbbed.

"You're evil whether you accept it or not," Her voice echoed in my head.

"Join us, or watch everyone you love die," The other one said.

That was all I needed to hear, to send my body into full power. I sat up in the tub, only to find that I was alone. They had vanished. After catching my breath, I just sat there. I couldn't get those words out of my head.

Evil... Join us... Watch everyone you love die...

Just then there was a pounding on the door. It made me jump, and brought my attention back to the real world.

"Anna? Are you okay? You've been in there for a long time," My mother said.

"I'm fine, mom. I'll be out in a minute," I said to her through my mind.

"Okay, sweetie. Were making breakfast, I hope you're hungry," She said.

"I think I'll skip breakfast today," I said.

"Okay..." Was all she said, before the sound of her footsteps walked away.

I let the water fully drain, before getting out of the bath tub. After grabbing a towel, I dried off and stood in front of the mirror once again. With my towel wrapped around me, I used a hand towel to wipe the fog off the mirror. When I did that, they appeared again behind me. I recognized the one girls face from my childhood. The one who took Aiden's sister, which is who I'm guessing the other girl was.

"What do you want from me?" I asked them.

"We want you," Sophia said.

"To join us," Aiden's sister said.

When I looked at her, I could see Aiden in her eyes. To think that he is a part of her, and she is a part of him. The resemblance is there, but the heart is different.

"Thinking about my idiot brother. He's worthless," She said as she rolled her eyes.

"No he's not. He's everything you will never be," I said as I gritted my teeth.

"You see Morana here, is so much more than he will ever be. We can show you how to be like us. All you have to do is come with us," Sophia said.

"I won't leave my family," I said.

"Fine! You leave us with no choice," Sophia said as she and Morana exchanged glances.

Before I knew it, Morana gripped me by my hair, then slammed my face against the mirror. The glass shattered against my smooth skin, cutting the side of my face. It sent a sharp, throbbing pain through my head. She smacked my head off of the sink, before turning me around to face her. My vision became very blurry, as blood trickled down my face.

They both just stood there, staring and laughing me. I looked over at the door, when I heard someone pounding. For a moment, I contemplated about trying to escape. Before I could make my move, Sophia grabbed my face.

"Not so fast, sweet face," She said before blowing a red powder in my face.

The room began to spin, as I came crashing down. My heart was racing at an intense speed. The sound of the pounding increasing in my head. In a brief moment, I felt as light as a feather, and the pounding stopped.

It was as if everything had stopped. I was drifting away into a deep sleep. Surrounded by a black abyss, as if I had been swallowed up by the world. It was a cold and lonely place. The only thing I wanted most right now, was to be held by Aiden. To have him tell me everything will be alright. For a moment, I could see his face within the darkness.

His face looked so sad and worried. Had he noticed I'd gone missing? Had anyone noticed? I tried to reach out to him, but just as I touched his face, he slowly disappeared.

(Pic is of Ali)