Till Death Do Us Part

(Morana's POV)

I wake up after hearing the sounds of people screaming. When I opened my eyes, I seen that I was in the closet located in the hallway by the dining room entrance. I was unsure of how or why I was in here. I wasn't even sure how long I'd been in here. The only reason I knew where I was, is because when Lucas and I played hide and seek, he'd always hide here. His excuse was that he hid here because he was close to the kitchen, which is where all the food was. So, if I took to long to find him, he could go and grab a snack.

Somedays, I would pretend that I was looking for him, and I feel like he secretly knew that. He just wanted someone to play with. After all, it was just the two of us, dad, and Sophia, for the most part. Not to mention, there wasn't many things to do, when you're trapped inside your home since the time you were born. He'd been sheltered, we both have.

Sometimes, I dream of killing myself just to escape. Other times I think of what would happen if I were to just leave this place, and never look back. Then I start to think about it. I'd be leaving behind everything I've ever known. My family, my hime, my belongings. Everything.

Granted it wasn't much, but it was mine. My brother and father are the only blood relatives I have left. I could care less about Sophia. She doesn't like me, and it's clear as a sheet of glass. This home is the only home I've ever known, yet I hate staring at the same walls every day. Counting all the rooms, every stair of the staircases, every cobweb, every secret passage, every faulty and fascinating thing. It's all been discovered, except for one room that dad forbids anyone to go in.

Oh, how I craved something new. New clothes, new shoes, new bed, new curtains, new room. The simple things. Then there's the longing of love and friendship. I've never had anyone to call my own. I've always felt like someone's property. When would I find that missing part of me. Somedays I dont even feel like myself. It's like I get a taste of another life, but its slowly ripped away when I realize it's not mine. It's his. It's her.

I was ripped from my thoughts, as someone hit the door with a hard thud. That's when I seen blood pour in from under the door. I stood up slowly, feeling the wall for the secret passage entrance. Just before the blood reaches my feet, I find the switch and flip it. The door behind me slides open, allowing me to quickly slip through, escaping my entrapment.

I follow the flickering lights, as the walls shake due to someone hitting them. A fist broke through one wall almost hitting me, out of fear I grabbed the hand, and the person turned grey dying instantly. After the body fell backwards, pulling the arm out with it, I peeked out of the hole. There is blood everywhere, creatures of all kinds fighting against each other. The man I killed was someone Esmeralda brought with her. I shrugged it off and continued through the passage way.

When I found the next exit, which was a wall with a painting that had the eyes hollowed out. I stood on my tiptoes, gripping the sides of the wall, careful not to accidentally open the passage revealing my hiding spot, and snuck a peek to see my surroundings. I seen a group of unfamiliar people walking down the hall, but only the tall handsome rough looking man caught my attention. I hum a tune Sophia taught me for luring prey. He turned around, facing the wall that stood between the two of us.

My breathing uneven, as I watch him intently. His eyes were so beautiful, they could almost put me in a trance. I whisper a hex through the hole, then breath a stream of air into his face. He blinked his eyes, but when he opened them, they were now a solid black color.

"Hey, everything okay?" A guy dressed like a biker asked him.

"Yeah, I just thought I heard something. You go on ahead with the rest, I'm gonna stay here and keep an eye out. If you find Alice or Alex come find me," He replied to him, without looking at him directly.