Mesmerizing

(Anna's POV)

I was alone, weak, and cold in this dark place. It was quiet, too quiet. I sat up slowly, and held my head, which was pounding. Just then a spot light appeared over me. I stood up, even though my knees trembled with pain. Trying to cover up my body as much as possible, but failed miserably.

"Aren't you a fragile little thing," A woman's voice said, from the shadows.

I narrowed my eyes, trying to see what lies in the shadows. There was no use. It just made my head throb worse.

"Wh-who are you? W-where am I?" I asked, as I leaned my back against the wall.

"I'm Sophia. I have something you need," She said as she stepped out of the darkness.

In her hand, was a vial of green liquid. It looked disgusting.

"What is that?" I asked as I carefully watched her.

She smiled an evil grin, as she tucked the vial into her pocket.

"It's your antidote, but I think I'm gonna keep you like this a little while longer. You're so defenseless, and unaware of what you're capable. I like it," She said with a sly smirk.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Please, take me home. I won't tell anyone. I just want to go home to my mom," I said as I touched the bars of the cage-like cell I was being held in.

The touch was electrifying. It sent a jolt of electricity through my body, causing me to fall backwards. She laughed at me, while shaking her head.

"Silly girl. You killed your mother. Long before I had the chance of doing so myself. I got to watch Alice's mother die though. Now that was fun," She said as she tilted her head.

"What? They can't be dead. I'd never kill my mother. I couldn't," I said as I closed my eyes.

In that moment, I could see her. I could see what I did to her. I could also see someone else there. A strange man. The same guy that was at that house I woke up in earlier. I opened my eyes, and looked up at Sophia.

"Alex..." I said, as I remembered him saying his name.

"Yes. The one who changed you. He made you into the vampire you are. The monster that made you kill your mother," She said, as she crossed her arms.

"They said I was a vampire... That I was married to Alex, and had two children with him. That can't be true though. I'm only 16. I can't remember anything," I said, as I raised my knees up to my chest.

"He lied to you. He has poisoned your mind," She said as she shook her head.

"I'll kill him... If it's the last thing I do," I said as my body was overwhelmed with a tingling sensation.

"Good. Now we are on the same page. The sooner we can trust you, the more freedom you will have. We won't have to keep you in this cell," Sophia said, as she touched the cell with her pointer finger.

She pulled her hand back quickly, then let out a chuckle, as she waved her finger side to side. I took a moment, and thought to myself.

"Can I trust you though?" I asked her.

"Of course. That's why you are here. I'm here to help you," She said as she raised an eyebrow.

"Then I shall be of great servitude. You don't have to keep me in this cage. I will do whatever you tell me to do," I said truthfully.

She smirked at me, before taking a moment to think. Hesitantly, she unlocked the door. She held out a hand to me, and I took it. I slowly gained my balance, as I stood up.

"Now where can I get cleaned up? I need to put on some clean clothes," I said.

"I'll show you. I think we are going to be good friends. Just don't make me regret giving you this freedom. Not many are fortunate enough to gain my trust," She said, as she guided me through the dark room.

I followed her up the stairs, and was nearly blinded by the light that poured in from the open door. I shielded my eyes, as we entered a large hall. There was a grand staircase that led upstairs, along with four other doors that led to who knows where. When I looked over my shoulder, I could see a door that looked like it could be the entrance.

After turning around, I noticed a girl wearing gloves, was leaning against the railing of the staircase. Her eyes watching my every move, with close precision. It was as if she were expecting me to slip up, and do something wrong. I smiled at her, as I passed her on my way up the stairs.

"I bet you're thirsty," Sophia said, as she looked back at me.

"A thirst that doesn't seem to be quenchable," I said, as I met her gaze.

"I'll help you out with that," She said, as she pulled me along through the seemingly endless hallway.

She opened a door on the right side of the hall. It was a white bathroom, with red trim. Everything was red and white. The towels, the rugs, the soap. Everything.

"You can shower here. I'll grab you some clothes. Then I'll show you your room, and you can feed there," She said, before closing the door.

I turned on the water, and tested the temperature with my hand. The dirt dripped from my skin, and disappeared down the drain. When it was hot enough, I stripped out of my dirty clothes, and stepped into the porcelain bath tub. I let the water wash over my cold, pale skin.

The water looked almost dusty, as it swirled around my feet. I took the braids out of my hair, before washing the dirt out of it. The water running down my face and back felt so relaxing. The steam rising up from the bottom, helped ease my headache. I closed my eyes, and enjoyed the feeling while it lasted.

I was soon interrupted, by the sound of knocking on the door. After turning off the water, and wrapping a towel around myself, I opened the door. To my surprise, it was a beautiful older gentlemen. He had such distinct features, but it was his eyes that were so mesmerizing.

(Pic is of Anna)