Memories

(Sophia's POV)

Morana and I had brought Ali to our hideout. We took shelter in an abandoned, miniature castle. I had been here once before. Back when times were simpler. When Kane and I were much younger, and the King was still alive. There was a masquerade ball held here. Kane and I had snuck off that night, and it was the first time we'd ever slept together. I still miss him sometimes. Things weren't always bad between us.

All those thoughts went away as I stepped into the dinning room. He had been waiting for us. James was sitting at the head of the long table, drinking a wine glass full of fresh, vibrant red blood. His eyes lit up as we approached him, carrying Ali in our arms.

"So, this is the all powerful and almighty Ali. She doesn't seem so powerful," He said before taking a sip of the warm liquid in his glass.

"I had a little help," I said as I used my free hand to dangle a black pouch in front of him.

It had a latin symbol embroidered on the front. I watch as he studied the symbol. He raised his eyebrow, before looking up at me while smirking.

"Sand from Mr. Sandman himself. Not bad, for an amateur," He taunted in a teasing tone.

I helped Morana sit, the still unconscious, Ali in a chair diagonal from James. He examined the girl, after we situated her in the chair. For a slight moment, I could see the discomfort in her face. It was as if he were digging into the depths of her mind.

"Tie her up," He said.

"Yes father," Morana said before going to fetch some rope.

After she left, I took the other seat across from Ali. Then slowly ran my fingers up and down his arms. His gaze met mine, and his eyes flashed completely black. I smiled before kissing him on the lips. He ran his hand up my neck, squeezing it lightly.

"Ew. Can you two please get a room," Morana said as she walked back into the room.

I settled in my chair, leaning back and crossing my legs. She began to tie Ali up, starting from her feet, and worked her way up to her chest. Ali hadn't moved an inch during the process. Once finished, she too her seat next to Ali. Only she sat sideways, with her legs dangling over the arm of the chair. She twirled her fingers through her hair, carefully looking over Ali.

"When is she going to wake up?" Morana asked eagerly.

"Soon," I said.

Just as I said that, Ali's eye flew open, and she gasped for air. It was as if she hadn't been breathing. Her eyes met mine and she froze.

"So, I wasn't dreaming," She said as she looked at Morana then at James.

"Nope! You're here with us now," Morana said as she went to touch Ali's face.

"Morana don't!" I yelled.

She pulled her hand back, and put her gloves on.

"I had forgotten that I'd taken them off," She said as she glared at me.

"Morana you shouldn't be so reckless," James said as he stood up.

I watched as he stood behind Ali, slowly caressing her head. The jealousy burned inside of me. I could see it in Morana's eyes too.

"We can't have anything happen to her. We need her," James said, as he pulled her head back to meet her gaze.

She spit in his face, and he slapped her. I watched as the blood trickled from her mouth. She didn't scream or cough, just laughed as she lifted her head up. James went back to his place at the head of the table. I noticed the tension between the two of them as she stared at him.