A Promise

(Emma's POV)

After us children were done eating, my grandma Ceciellia reopened the door on the tree for the shower rooms. With promises of a surprise, when we were done with out showers. Since I was the first one done, I wrapped a towel around me, and spoke the code word. That way, gram knew when to enter the room. I sat eagerly on the toilet, with the seat down, my hairy legs swaying back and forth in excitement.

"Your grandma Kira had showed me a few things, before she left here. She also left a parting gift for you," Ceciellia said, as she discreetly shut the door behind her.

I'm watching and waiting patiently, as she digs around inside of her endless purse. Zeke used to tease me when we were younger, before we knew of magic and what we are, he'd tell me that the purse could swallow me whole. I believed him, of course, because I was only 5 and I had seen things I couldn't explain back then. Now, I knew so much more. Even things I didn't want to know.

She finally pulled out a vial of glowing liquid. There was a label on it. I could barely make out the words, because she kept moving it around, while talking to me. L. M.. L... With the tiny fancy writing being almost impossible to read, I could only make out the first letter of each word. It glowed an iridescent green color.

"What is it?" I asked her curiously

"I talked to your parents already. They gave me the okay, to let you make the decision. This is a cure," Ceciellia said.

"A cure?" I asked her.

"To take away the Lycan curse," She tried to explain.

"What will it do?" I asked, as she placed it on the counter next to me.

Liquid Moon Light.

"It will rid you of all your werewolf abilities. You'll only be a hybrid of three, Angel from your mothers side, Vampire from both sides, and Witch from your fathers," She said with a half smile.

"No more shaving?" I asked.

"I mean at least not as often, and probably when ur a bit older. Puberty is a talk I'll let you have with your mother," Ceciellia said with a chuckle.

We laughed together for a little while, and she helped talk me through the process. It was going to be slightly painful, but she promised to stay by my side through the whole thing. If I was being honest, I knew who I wanted to be with, when I made the transition. I think my grandma knew too, because she sighed and smiled, before nodding her head.

"Get dressed. I'll open up a special place just for you," Grandma Ceciellia said, before kissing me on the head and leaving the bathroom.

I locked the door behind her, and quickly dressed myself. Thankfully I had on overalls, because they covered my entire legs. I was definitely over all the hair on my legs. After slipping my shirt on, and fastening the buckles on the overall, I took a deep breath and look at myself in the mirror. My red hair, almost completely dry now, dangles over my shoulders slightly. The color of my hair made my eyes pop out more, a bright greenish hazel color. My pale complexion, with splashes of freckles.