Let Him Die

(Anna's POV)

I woke up to the sound of yelling coming from down the hall. The twins had been bumping heads, since the moment they could talk. It's been 13 years, and Ali still has the curse. If I'm being honest, I'd rather hear her voice first thing in the morning. Since Aiden and Ali had become so close, I never see her as often. She is always out training on her own, afraid of what she is capable of doing. Especially, with her being born a vampire, but cursed with the cry of a banshee.

The thought of it made a tear drip down my cheek. I rolled over in bed, searching for comfort, only to find that I was alone. Slowly, I sat up in the bed, while shielding my eyes and rubbing my head. The light is giving me a pounding headache. Using my abilities, I shut the curtains. That's when I heard a loud gasp. I turned my head to face the door.

"Woah, mom! When are you going to show me how to do that?" Alec asked.

"You're not old enough, nor are you ready to handle that kind of power," I said to him, as I rolled out of bed.

"Come on, mom. Ali uses hers all the time. I've seen Zeke and Emma use theirs, too," He said, as he crossed his arms.

"I bet Alice doesn't know about them doing that. As for your sister, she is older than you," I said.

I walked past him, and ruffled his hair with my hand.

"I'm not a baby anymore. When are you going to stop treating me like I'm oblivious to what is going on? I know we're not humans," He argued, as he followed me to the kitchen.

I looked back at him, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Oblivious? Okay, who are you and what have you done with Alec?" I asked jokingly.

"Nothing, it's me, mom. Grandma Ceciellia has been reading to us. Plus, I may have picked up a book or two from her library. I mean the five of us are all home schooled. We're learning at a higher and more sophisticated level," He said, as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Has she been telling you guys stories? Is that why you think we aren't human?" I asked angrily, as I quickly walked towards the kitchen.

"Mom, you can't hide the fact that I've been drinking a special formula, since the time I was born. Everytime I'm around it, I can smell it. Just admit it. Admit we are vampires!" Alec yelled, as he chased after me.

As I rounded the corner, I found Ceciellia at the sink. Emma is sitting on the counter with her pant legs rolled up. Ceciellia is rubbing a tar like substance on Emma's legs. I cleared my throat, and she turned around. Her smile quickly faded.

"Good morning, Anna," She said, as she went back to lathering Emma's legs.

"Can I speak with you alone, like in private?" I asked her.

"Let me finish up here, and I'll meet you in the study," She said.

I walked away, and Alec tried to follow me. He has always been a follower. Someday, it will get him into trouble.

"Alec, dear, would you mind staying with Emma, while I talk to your mom," I heard Ceciellia ask.

I continued toward the study, with Ceciellia's heels clicking slowly behind me. When I walked into the room, I found Ali and Aiden. They were making out on the sofa. After I cleared my throat, they both jumped.

"What are the two of you doing in here? It doesn't look like you're doing any studying," I said, as I crossed my arms.

Aiden looked at Ali, then at me.

"I'm sorry, Anna. I, uh, we-" He said, before I stopped him.

"I suggest you two find something better to do with your free time," I said, as I looked at both of them.

Ali looked at me with a glare, while she stood up and walked out of the study. I could see the tears in her eyes, as she passed me. When I turned around, she was gone, and Ceciellia was standing in the doorway.

"I'm going to see if my mom needs help with the twins," Aiden said, as he quickly walked out of the study.

It was only Ceciellia and I now. I sat on the couch, then motioned for her to join me. She closed the door, before taking a seat next to me.

"You wanted to talk?" She asked, with a smile.

"We've been through this with you before, about telling Ali. I do not want you to start telling Alec all these stories. He doesn't need to know what we all really are. He's not ready for this," I explained.

"He is ready. He needs to be ready. In case you have forgotten, Sophia and that girl is still out there. I can feel it. They are waiting for us. Waiting for us to be at our weakest moment. We all need to be ready," Ceciellia went on saying.

I hated when she dismissed everything I said. It's no wonder these children act up most of the time. Ceciellia let's them get away with just about anything.

"They are just kids. I will not put them in danger. We don't know what either of them are capable of," I said, as I stood up.

"If you will just listen, and hear me out. You will understand," Ceciellia said, as she stood up.

"What's going on? Why is Emma out there with tar on her legs?" Alice asked from the doorway.

"Because your grandmother-in-law thinks that its okay to share her knowledge of the supernatural to our children, without our permission," I said, as I looked at Alice.

"Anna, I'm sure there's reason behind her doing so," Alice said, as she approached me.

"Are you serious? Alice, you're supposed to be my friend. Her telling the children these things, would be like me telling Aiden the truth about where he came from," I said, while crossing her arms.

"That is not the same thing, Anna. Far from it. How could you even say that?" She asked, as she shook her head.

"That's my point. I wouldn't tell him, because that's not what you'd want," I said, as I looked away.

"This is who they are, Anna. You can't keep this from them forever. We are not normal, and neither are they," She said, while shaking her head.

"So tell me, when do you plan on telling Aiden about who he really is? He's getting close to Ali. When he finds out what he really is, how do you think he's going to act? Don't you think he's going to look for her? What happens when we do find her? If we have to kill her, what happens to him? If he dies how do you think that's going to affect Ali?" I asked, but soon regretted when Alice slapped me.

"God, when did you become so selfish, Anna?" She asked angirly.

I held my face in the palm of my hand, as I looked at her. That was the first time Alice had ever hurt me. I could tell she felt bad about it.

"I'm selfish?" I asked, " I took away your curse, and it ended up passing onto my daughter. She still suffers from it to this day. I'm sure you remember how miserable that was for you. Why put her through more?"

"Everyone is fighting their own battles. She isn't the only one, and neither are you. As my friend I thought we could get through these hardships together, maybe I'm wrong," She said to me, before turning to leave.

"Alice-," I tried to say, but she interrupted me.

"He doesn't have to know. I won't let him die," She said, before leaving the study.

(Pic is of Aiden)

The Silent One: Sinners And Saints (Book 3) *Undergoing Editing*जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें