Endless Journey

(Tate's POV)

I was sitting outside by the pool. The kids were swimming, and I couldn't help but to enter my mind. I was still having flashbacks of the day I died. How my soul was ripped from my body, the darkness swirling around me. I closed my eyes to shut out the images, but I could still hear it as if it was happening.

The sounds of screaming, crying, and swords clashing. It all ended with the snap of my neck. Or at least its sounded like a snap, but it was only the sound of Alec who had cannon balled into the water. The sound snapped me back to reality.

When I opened my eyes, I could see the shadows. They were there. They always were. The pieces of the dead that are left behind. Their souls. Sometimes, when I'm at my fullest energy, I can make out silhouettes and faces.

It's a scary experience. I wasn't even really sure of what it was, but I've kept it my secret. It was something I had to deal with on my own. I couldn't even tell Alice about this. It was something I had to accept. It was who I am.

I could sense someone was staring at me. When I looked around, I found my grandmother standing in the door way. She motioned for me to join her. I stood up, slowly making my way over to the patio door.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"You go on inside. I'll watch the children," She said as she touched my arm.

I nodded my head, before going back into the house. When I got to the living room, Alice was sitting on the couch in her vampire form. She looked up at me with weak eyes and smiled. Tara and Emrick were sitting on opposite sides of Alice.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked.

"She needs to feed. She is weak. In the bathroom she touched me while I was having a premonition. It drained her energy. I absorb all the energy of the things I touch or things that touch me while I'm in that state. It's not something she was ready for," Tara said as she ran a finger down Alice's face.

I kneeled in front of Alice, and held her hand in mine.

"You need to feed," I said as I kissed her hand.

She shook her head.

"Too... Hungry. I-I don't want to feed. I d-don't know if I'll be able to s-stop," She said in a weak voice.

I looked at Tara then at Emrick. They had a worried look on their faces.

"Help me hold her down," I said.

"What? No..." Alice said, but she was too weak to fight us.

Emrick used his necklace to cut his wrist, then handed it to Tara. She slit hers and mine as well. The three of us held our arms over Alice's face. She wouldn't open her mouth so I plugged her nose. She looked at me angrily as she took a deep gasp.

The blood dripped onto her lips and down her throat. Her skin was no longer dry and pale. I let go of her nose, and she continued to drink. She kept drinking, and slowly her eyes turned red. Her strength grew and she overpowered us. She grabbed her mother and fathers arms and drank vigorously. Switching back and forth between their wrists and only stopping when she needed to breath.

"Alice, that's enough," I said as I touched her leg.

"Not yet," She said with a growl.

"You're going to kill them if you continue to drink," I pleaded.

Her chest began to glow, as she took one last drink from her fathers arm. She gasped for air, and threw her head back. I stood up slowly, watching patiently, observing her. She laid still for a moment, as her appearance changed back to normal. Her eyes, which were back to their normal color, had flickered open. It was as if she had just awakened from a dream. She looked at her parents, then at me with tear filled eyes.