Reunions and Departures (Part 1)

(Alice's POV)

The air was still and also filled with smoke from the fireplace, where the portal to the underworld once was. Where Lucifer, my grandfather, was banished, dragging Sophia away from everything and everyone she had ever know. I really thought she could change, if given the chance. My eyes dart around in the foggy smoke, looking for the children. One in particular, the boy who would be my uncle.

"Everyone, remain calm and dont move. We will find a way to regroup," Tara called out.

A light suddenly began to glow at the center of the room. It was Kira, she was floating in the air with her eyes closed. When she opened them, she shined even brighter. The air around us swirled and the smoke began to lift. I watched as the last bit of smoke left the dining room. It crept through the broken windows, along went the rest of his army, the ones who weren't dead or severely injured.

"Mom!" I heard two childrens voices yell from across the room.

I turned around, and was surprised by my children running towards me, almost tackling me to the ground. They embraced me with open arms, and I squeezed them while kissing their heads.

"I'm so proud of you two," I said, as I pulled away to look at their faces.

"Even though we ran away?" Emma asked with a sad expression on her face.

"It was dangerous, and you could've been hurt or worse," I began to say, before Ezekiel cut me off.

"But we are safe mom. We got the bad guys. Were like super heroes!" He said.

"Yes, and I'm glad that you're both safe. Just please don't ever run off again. I know you're young, and you may not understand this. We're different, and were not like most families. We are not super heroes, though. There is only good people, and bad people. We are one of the good guys, just doing what we have to, in order to maintain our different lifestyles," I explained as I touched his face.

"Your mother is right, you know. Don't go trying to play hero right now. There will be a time and place for that. Right now you are children, and you need to enjoy it while you can. When you are ready, you will began training to do what we do. Although, hopefully we won't have to worry about needing to use that training. It's time to enjoy the little things and live a little," Tate said as he joined by my side.

"I know, and I'm sorry. Alec wanted to find his sister, and I couldnt let him go alone. If it was Emma I would've tried to save her too. Not to mention, I was also trying to impress a certain girl," He started out loud, then grew quiet.

"Which one?" Tate asked.

I nudged Tate, and he chuckled and shushed me. So, I listened as Ezekiel whispered into Tate's ear.

Willow...

My eyes darted around the room, as everyone was reuniting back with their friends and family. There she was, that little Willow who has caught my sons attention. She was standing with her family. Luna's eyes met mine, she was smiling with tears in her eyes. She mouthed the word 'Thank you'. I gave her a confused look, and she motioned her hand as if to point at a clock.

I'll tell you later. She mouthed again.

Kira stood alone, no longer glowing, the moon was the most lighting we had for the dining room. She was wondering around the room, as if she were checking on the dead. My eyes then looked for my mom and dad. They were with a group of angels who were healing the injured. Anna and alex were with their children, and having a discussion about something that seemed serious. Aiden was holding onto Ali, as if he never wanted to let go.