Let The Fun Begin

(Sophia's POV)

Dinner was quiet, other than Morana and Anna's blooming friendship. They would talk about their abilities and interests. That wasn't what I was paying attention to. Lucifer was nervous. His leg was shaking impatiently.

"I'm fine," He said.

He must have noticed that I had taken concern.

"Are you sure?" I asked, as I touched his hand.

"James is fighting me right now. He wants to come out, but I cant let him. Not yet," He said, as he gritted his teeth.

I rubbed my finger up and down his hand. There wasn't anything I could do to help him, and it hurts knowing that there's nothing I can do. I felt useless. Worthless.

"How you holding up Ali?" I asked the dazed mess sitting next to me.

Her eyes never strayed. She stayed staring at the plate of food on the table. Just when I thought about having a little fun with the mess I made, there was a knock on the door. I rolled my eyes, and let out a sigh.

"Morana, go see who is at the door," I said, as my eyes landed on her.

She squinted her eyes at me, before standing up, and leaving the dinning room. I could tell when she opened the door, because music and laughter filled the hallways. For a moment I wad confused. That was until I seen her.

"Esmeralda," I said, as she approached me.

"That's mother to you, Sophia. We are here for the celebration," She said, while walking past me.

"I didn't know you were invited. We were only expecting a few friends," I said, before welcoming the rest of the group.

"Now what kind of grandmother would I be, if I didn't show up to my grandson's birthday celebration?" She asked as she looked over her shoulder.

"You never showed up for any of his other birthdays. So, why now?" I asked, as I raised an eyebrow.

"Don't question my actions. Where is he anyway? I brought him a little treat," She said with a smirk.

"Treat?" I asked.

My question was answered when five children were being carried through the door. They sure seemed to be putting up a fight, as they kicked and punched the vampires who were carrying them.

"Where did you find them?" I asked.

"More like they found us. Ryan found them hiding in the caboose of the train. He said they were on their way to New York," My mother said.

I went to close the door, after the last of our guest entered the mansion, but someone stuck their foot in the doorway. When I opened the door, a tall older man stood in front of me. He smiled at me, showing his fangs.