Traitor

(Emma's POV)

Us children stood back with Aiden and Ali, while grandma Ceciellia, grandma Tara, and Claire worked on opening the door. It was a strange door, the magic surrounding it was dark. When grandma Ceciellia went to touch the doorknob, I could see the force field protecting it.

"There has to be a way in here!" Ceciellia said, as she huffed in frustration.

"The only people I ever seen go in there, was Lucifer and Sophia. Maybe they are the key," Claire suggested.

I watched in awe as Grandma Tara closed her eyes, and she focused her energy on the door. She clenched her eyes a few times, as her hands shook against the door. When her hands dropped, she looked back at Lucas, who is standing next to me.

"Blood magic... Blood magic!" Tara said, as she gently pulled Lucas towards the door.

"You expect me to open this?" He asked with a chuckle.

"I know you can," Tara said with a smile.

"Listen, lady you don't know me. Why would I help you?" He asked, as he crossed his arms in front of his chest.

She was hesitant at first, but then she placed a hand on his cheek. He didn't move away.

"This may be hard to believe, but I'm your sister," Tara said.

"That is very hard to believe, because my father only has one daughter and two sons," Lucas said, then looked at Aiden.

"That's because my mom didn't allow our father to know about me. He's a bad person. What he is doing is wrong. That's why we are here to help you," Tara said.

"No! You just want to tear my family apart!" He said, as he clenched his fist and his face turned red.

I walked towards him, and put a hand on his shoulder. He looked at me, with a sadness in his eyes. I understood his pain, why he felt the way he did. He didn't really have parents to begin with, but he also didn't want to be completely alone. Today is his birthday, and his parents have managed to still make the day about them.

"Let us help you, Lucas. You won't ever be alone. We will be your family," I said with a smile.

"How do I know I can trust you?" He asked me.

"You don't... you just have to believe. Believe in something for once. Something great, and not something evil. We are the good people. I promise you that," I said, as I nodded my head.

"Why do you even want in this room for, anyhow?" He asked, as he narrowed his eyes at me.

"My mommy is in there," I said, as a tear trickled down my cheek.

"Yeah, so is my dad!" Alec said loudly.

I looked back and smiled at him.

"Wouldn't you want someone to help your mommy?" I asked him.

He hesitated for a moment, before turning to face the door. All was quiet for a moment, except for the commotion going on downstairs.

"We're running out of time. My mom just texted me, saying she is in a broom closet hiding. Its getting bad down there," Ali said, as she showed the phone to Ceciellia.

"Lucas, please," I begged him.

With a quick and sudden motion, he grabbed the doorknob, and twisted it until it popped open. The adults rushed inside, with us children following close behind. It was a small white room, no windows, no tables, no bathrooms. Nothing, except two chairs facing back to back, with my mom and uncle Alex tied to them.