Cursed Creation

(Kira's POV)

I sat in the car quietly, observing my creations. Technically, I didn't make them, but I played a part in their creation. I laid my head against the window, and looked up at the sky. It was such a dark night, with the moon illuminating the surrounding areas. The way the stars sparkled, made it look as if they were dancing in the sky.

For a moment, I closed my eyes, and recalled a familiar time. Back when things were much simpler. I was sitting on my throne, with my two most trusted angels, Lucifer and Celestial, by my side. Only Lucifer, at the time, was my lover. We shared a unique bond, and were closer than I had been with any other angel.

I had just created Earth and all of the animals and plants, when I decided it was missing something. That was when I created Adam and Eve. I had made the most pure and innocent creatures. They were my pride and joy, as I did not have any children.

Although, Lucifer did not see them that way. He said that they were flawed and were an abomination. We argued for years as we watched the two grow up. I finally said that I would put his theory to a test. I casted myself down to Earth and spoke with them.

"My children, do not fret. For I have come to seek your trust, love, and loyalty," I said as I presented a single seed in my hand.

They watched in awe, as I planted the seed where I stood. When I was done, I brushed the dirt from my hand. They both shared a curious look upon their faces.

"I have given you plenty of animals and plants that will feed you through your lifetime. The only thing I ask is that you do not pick the fruit from this tree. It is a sacred and very important tree. Do you understand?" I asked them.

After nodding their heads, I placed a hand on both of their faces. They smiled at me, and I back at them.

"I wish you luck, my children," I said before ascending back to Heaven.

I was greeted by Lucifer, who had been waiting for my return. He looked almost disappointed, but managed a smile.

"I still think you are wrong about them," I said as I passed him.

He grabbed my arm, and I turned around to face him. His face only inches from mine. I could see the lust and jealousy in his eyes.

"You choose those things over me?" He asked.

"Those things you are referring to are called humans. I have enough love to share with all of my creations," I said as I pulled my arm away.

I began to walk away, and he didn't try to stop me. He just stood there, enraged. I didn't bother to look back as he called for me.

"Kira, you can love them, but don't expect me to!" He yelled.

Those were the words that sent a sharp pain through my heart. To think that he would never approve of them, upset me dearly. I sat upon my throne alone, and watched over my angels. Occasionally, I'd look down at my beautiful creations. I did not see their flaws. It was as if they were a part of me, and I could never imagine making a mistake.

Later that night, I was joined by Lucifer in my room. He sat patiently on my bed, as I sat at my vanity, having my hair brushed by Celestial. When she was done brushing my hair, I dismissed her. Lucifer and I were now alone. I turned around to face him. He was already staring at me. I watched as he got on his knees and took my hands in his.

"Please forgive me, my queen. I'm sorry for my actions. Will you ever forgive me?" He asked as he looked up at me.

"Will you learn to love my creations?" I asked.