Kira's Plan

(Kira's POV)

I watched as everyone around me gathered with their loved ones, once we returned from the war. The children had ran off through the hedges, to a place where they could escape into a world of their own. A world where they could be themselves. A parting gift of mine.

I stuck around for only a few moments, to speak with my daughter, before leaving all of this behind. She was sitting with Alice, admiring the daughter she had created, the daughter I made her leave behind. If there were any other choice I wouldn't have, but I did it for the greater good. At least I'm hoping it was for the best. I had played out every other scenario in my head, and it was the only way to keep them safe. To separate them, and allow them to live safely amongst the humans, until the time was right for them to reunite.

The day Tara was born, caused a ripple in the galaxy, allowing the Gates of Hell to crack. I didn't find out until after Lucifer had made his first attempt at escaping from Hell. He had possessed the vessel of Adam and Eve's son, Cain, causing him to kill his brother in a sacrifice. Everything Lucifer did came at a price, a sacrifice had to be made.

So, I made a sacrifice myself

So, I made a sacrifice myself. After grabbing a sword from the wall of my parents library, I dipped it in the fountain of holy water, before facing the evil that provoked me. I pierced Abel's heart with the blade, returning Lucifer back to his cage and sealing the Gates of hell. In the deaths of Cain and Abel, I could not let Adam and Eve live with a hole in their hearts. As a gift, I gave them a son, and from the rib of their son I formed a mate. A way for my creations to continue on making their own kind, instead of falling into extinction.

Once I had fixed the problem, I made one more sacrifice, which was having to hide Tara amongst the Immortals

Once I had fixed the problem, I made one more sacrifice, which was having to hide Tara amongst the Immortals. I transported her to a time where new creations and creatures were a common thing. She would live under the care of descendants of Adam and Eve. As fate would have it, there is always a bad apple. The betrayer spilled all of the trusted secrets, and allowed himself to be used as a vessel for Lucifers soul to control. If only he knew that Lucifer wasn't someone you can trust.

So, to hide my daughter once more, I had to separate her and Alice. The only one who knew what Tara looked like, was me, Emrick, the other two Immortals, and the Betrayer. None of them ever had their pictures taken or paintings made of them. It was a way to keep their identities a secret. All they knew is that they would be looking for a woman with a child. Having Alice live with a mortal mother in a modern day setting, was the only way to give them their best chance at living.