The Lost Children - Part 2

(Emrick's POV)

"So then what happened?" Alex asked, snapping me back to reality.

I had almost forgotten that I was telling a story, as I had stared off into space.

"Well, a few years had passed us by, and Tara was still against the whole situation. Raven and Baldassare had fallen in love with mortals, but as fate would have it, they had a destiny that was set for them as well," I simply said.

"They had children they had to give up as well, but with purpose. It was important that they, along with the children of the Immortals before them, were casted off into the mortal world. It helped in the spread and creation of every creature known this day, including the two of you. Emrick, I do believe you left out a very important detail," Kira said as narrowed her eyes at me.

That was what I had feared. I did not want to bring up my past mistakes. The one burden I had been carrying on my shoulders for over two century. It was something I had been keeping a secret, but Kira knew because this had happened a century before she had showed Tara and I our futures. I swallowed my pride and decided to come out about what I had done.

"We had been living in Great Britain at the time, long before we met Kira, with our first protector, Annah, who was still alive. It was the during the 19th century, a time when masquerade balls had become very popular. The King and Queen was hosting a ball, and everyone in the kingdom was invited. Annah decided it would be a nice opportunity for everyone to enjoy themselves," I began to explain.

I had drifted back to my memories. The orchestra was playing the waltz called Silence by Beethoven. Men and women were dressed in suits and gowns, and their faces hidden by masks. Everyone was dancing and twirling, but it wasn't them that I was paying attention to. It was the beauty in red. Tara.

I watched as she danced with another man. Their foot movement was in sync with each others. A hint of jealousy washed over me. That was until I was approached by a group of giggling woman. The one in the middle smiled shyly at me, as she curtsied in front of me.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but I couldn't help but notice that you've come to this ball and haven't danced at all. Do you not dance?" She asked in a rather rich Britain accent.

"I've never danced before," I said truthfully.

The only form of dance I knew, were battle techniques and movements.

"It's rather easy. Its all in the rhythm of the waltz," Her friend said.

I hesitated for a moment, before holding out my hand.

"Miss?" I asked.

"Elizabeth," She said with a shy smile.

"Elizabeth, may I have this dance?" I asked formally.

She nodded her head, as she gently placed her hand on top of mine. I wrapped my other hand around her waist, and slowly, one foot at a time, we made our way onto the ballroom floor. More and more people joined in the dance. Together we danced as one. As I looked around, it became harder to see her. I had lost her in the crowd.

"You seem distracted," Elizabeth said as she twirled in my arms.

I dipped her gently, as I stared deeply into her eyes. They were a soft green color, which seemed to sparkle against her porcelain skin

"What makes you say that?" I asked as I slowly pulled her back up.

When I stood up straight, my eyes met Tara's. She quickly looked away, and continued to dance. Elizabeth turned around to see who I was looking at.