Your Husband

(Alex's POV)

Ali was missing and Anna was drinking. For a moment, I sat quietly by myself in my room, staring out the window. It was as if I was hoping that she would be walking up the long driveway or come out of the woods, but I knew that would be too good to be true. I was the last person to see Ali. I knew something was wrong, but I did nothing.

I buried my face in my hands. In a way I felt as if this were my fault. Not knowing if my daughter had ran away, or if she had been taken, was driving me insane. That was my little girl. If anything were to happen to her, I wouldn't know what to do.

My family is everything to me. They are all I have left in this world. I would die a King who couldn't protect his family. The thought of my brother being a better king had crossed my mind, but I knew it was better that he had died. The way he ruled the vampires and the hybrids, wasn't right. If he wouldn't have been so power hungry and enraged, he could've been a great leader.

He was a broken soul. Although he wasn't always like that. He didn't get bad until he was a teenager, and the pressures of living up to my fathers expectations became unfathomable. Things had gotten so ugly between us. I wish I could've helped him, but there was no fixing a damaged soul.

I was startled by a loud scream. It echoed throughout the entire mansion. I left my room in a hurry, following the sounds of arguing. Alice was trying to calm Aiden down, who had begun to throw things. I caught a picture frame with my hand, just before it could hit me in the face. Sitting it down gently on the coffee table, as I studied the scene.

Tate and Alice were trying to calm him down. Ceciellia had taken the kids out of the living room. Anna was no where to be found. Everything was a complete mess.

"Hey what is going on here?" I asked as I crossed my arms.

Aiden stopped to look at me. The rage in his eyes caused them to glow a golden color. They looked as if there were flames dancing around his pupils.

"You knew, too, didn't you?" He asked as he shook his head.

"You told him?" I asked as I looked at Alice.

Her red, tear soaked eyes looked at Tate, and he looked back at her.

"Well, it's nice to see everyone else knew except me. Wait, did Ali know?" He asked as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Ali was really young at the time. I don't think she remembers," I said even though I didn't know if it was true or not.

He smiled and shook his head.

"Of course she doesn't know. She would've told me. You know... She was the only thing in my life that hasn't been a lie, and now she is gone," He said before walking away.

When he came back, he had two duffle bags packed.

"You don't have to leave Aiden. I'm still your mother," Alice said as she tried to touch his face.

He pulled away and wiped a tear from his cheek.

"I'm going to find her, if it's the last thing I do. Don't bother trying to stop me," He said before leaving.

Alice went to chase after him, but Tate stopped her. After the front door slammed shut, she let out her sobs. Tate looked at me, and I shrugged. I wasn't sure what to do at this moment.

"Where is she?" Alice asked as she pulled away from Tate.

"Alice, don't do anything stupid," Tate said as he followed her.

I followed them as Alice screamed for Anna. This wasn't going to end well. Alice checked the kitchen first, then my room, but she wasn't there. Alice screamed in frustration as she walked down the hall. She then stopped in front of Ali's room. The door was closed, but there was loud music playing. Had she come home?

Alice began to pound on the door, but there was no answer. She was getting impatient and forced open the door, breaking the lock. When the door opened, we were all greeted with a surprise. It was Anna, but a much younger Anna. She just stared at us with an angry expression on her face.

"You ever hear of knocking?" She asked as she turned off the music.

"Anna?" Alice asked as she stepped closer to her.

"Duh, silly, don't you recognize your best friend? Wait, since when could you actually talk?" She asked as she tilted her head.

We all just stared at her.

"Anna? What year is it?" I asked.

"It's 2006, why? Oh wait, more importantly who are you, cutie?" She asked as she bit her lip.

Even though she was my wife, I still felt weird having her teenage self hitting on me.

"Anna... It's 2020, don't you remember?" Alice asked.

Her attention turned from me to Alice. She raised an eyebrow, before laughing.

"Okay, ha ha, jokes over. You got me Alice," She said as she poked Alice in the shoulder.

"I'm not joking Anna. Don't you remember? You are married to Alex, you have two children, and you're a vampire," Alice tried to help Anna recall her memories.

"Um, nope. None of that rings a bell. And vampires? Really? They don't exist," She said as she shook her head.

It wasn't until now, that I seen what she was wearing. She had on a really short, black leather skirt, and a white, almost see through, lace shirt. Along with thigh high boots, and fishnet pantyhose to complete her outfit. She looked like she was ready to work the corner. I grabbed her by her arm, and tried to get her to follow me. I was not about to have her walk around dressed like that.

"Hey, dude, let go of me," She said as she pulled away.

"You're changing out of those clothes," I said.

She crossed her arms and squinted her eyes at me.

"As far as I know, I only have one parent that tells me what to do, and that's my mother. I don't need you to tell me what I can and can't wear," She said as her nose wrinkled the way it does when she's annoyed.

I couldn't help but to smile at her.

"Oh now you want to smile?" She asked me as she raised an eyebrow.

Her remark changed my facial expression. I didn't really know how to react. She rolled her eyes, before grabbing Ali's leather jacket, and pushed past us.

"Anna! Where are you going?" I asked as I followed her.

Alice and Tate exchanged looks, before following behind me.

"I'm hungry, so I'm going to get something to eat. I didn't know I needed permission to do that, dad," She said with attitude as she approached the front door.

I'm starting to see where Ali gets her attitude from. I pushed aside my thoughts as I tried to grab her arm, but she was too quick. Out the door she went. I stood there puzzled for a moment. My heart torn into two, and my head throbbed with so many unanswered questions. I had just lost two of the most important people in my life. Now it was just me and Alec.

"But I'm your husband..." I said as I fell to my knees.

(Pic is of Alex)