Moving Forward (12)

I take the box of my belongings off Mikey and place them in the storage area at the back of the bus.  I look at my hair and frown. I haven't showered in a few days and I probably smell really bad from being pushed into the dirt and thrown to the ground a few times. I go up to my box of things and take out my black towel and some spare clothes. I ask the guys if I can have a quick shower and as they say yes I head into the small shower cubicle in the small bathroom and lean my crutches on the side.

It turns out showering with crutches is quite hard as you have to keep your balance whilst standing on one leg. As the warm water flows over all my cuts and bandages and othr things it stings but nothing as bad as the pain of when it happened. 

I have forever wanted to be a singer and I think I sort of have the voice for it. My parents always used to say that I have a good voice but they might be biased because they are my parents!  I start to sing the chorus of  'the light behind your eyes' and when I cose my eyes I almost forget where I am. It's just me and the music.

Gerard's POV: 

"Hey guys do you hear that" I say quietly to the others. They all nod and some of them look surprised. I for one am shocked, Y/N is singing in the shower. I know that in itself is not very shocking but she is amazing.

She is hitting all the notes but in a higher octive than the original song so her voice would work well with mine. She knows all of the words and doesn't make a single mistake. I know I sound weird but if she had such a talent why would she not tell us sooner.

Mikey turns to me and whisperes "Do you think she could join us, like work with us or something? She's really good". I'm so glad he mentioned that and not me because even though I was thinking the same thing I want all the guys to be in on it too. We ask the others and they agree, Frank even goes to say that she is better than me. Thanks Frank.

Your POV:

I finish my shower after I have sung a few more songs because I miss just being able to sing and not worry about anything. I dry myself with the towell and put on the clothes I grabbed. 

Black jogging bottoms (sweatpants) and an old Nirvana hoodie that smells of my dad. I scrape my hair back into a messy bun and grab my crutches ready to come out. I hang m towel p on a pegso that it can dry and I open the door to see all 4 guys staring at me..

"Um, Hey everything okay?" I ask because it's a little weird to say the least. I'm thinking that maybe I didn't get dressed properly, like my hoodie is back to front or something. I go and sit down on one of the sofas next to Frank and smile because I haven't had much chance to do that recently.  

Ray is the first one to speak "Y/N, have you ever thought of persuing music or anything like that?". Before I can reply Gerard cuts in and says "What he is trying to say is that we heard you singing in the shower are you are seriously good". 

I don't think I have ever blushed as hard as I feel the heat go straight to my cheeks. I smile and secretly I am wondering what Ray meant about persuing music. I guess I should respond so I say "really?! I love singing and I write my own music but I didn't think I was that good at it". Why did I say it like that. I am so cringey I swear to god I sound like a hyper fangirl on crack. I'm fighting the urge to facepalm when Mikey asks

"We were wondering if you wanted to join us like for real. You could join the band and sing with my brother. If we are good enough for you that is" He says the last bit with a smirk on his face and Ray lightly punches his arm. I'm in shock, I mean from what they were saying before I could have guessed that this is what they leading onto but I'm still super surprised.

"Of course! I would love to if you are willing to have me"I reply feeling excited. This is the new start I was waiting for. This is going to be amazing, I get to live my dream performing onstage singing and I get to do it with my favourite band. If you told me 3 years ago when I was being severley bullied and my depression was slowly killing me that I would be able to perform live with My Chemical Romance I probably would have laughed so hard that I died.

Frank leans over and hugs me and ruffles my hair which is something my dad used to do. I smile and for the first time I feel like I have a place in this world and that I was born to do something. 

All the guys turn to me and some of them laugh whilst some are smiling and they generally all look happy. Ray looks me straight in the eyes and says

"Welcome to My Chemical Romance"